• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Load Disk Image - question

CarbonArc

Question

Hello - I've used the EMC10 Load Disk Image function to create an emulated drive. Vista recognizes this drive as a DVD-ROM type (read-only).

I'm wondering if it's possible to create an emulated drive that will appear to Vista as RW (writable). My goal is to use the emulated RW drive as a target for Vista's Media Center when burning a disk.

TIA for any insight.

4 answers to this question

Hello - I've used the EMC10 Load Disk Image function to create an emulated drive. Vista recognizes this drive as a DVD-ROM type (read-only).

I'm wondering if it's possible to create an emulated drive that will appear to Vista as RW (writable). My goal is to use the emulated RW drive as a target for Vista's Media Center when burning a disk.

TIA for any insight.

Where would you place the disc? :lol::lol::lol:

Answer No...they're used to mount images on the hard drive.

You need to read the help file, Disc Image Loader and emulated drives.

RW stands for, rewritable optical disc .

cd

Thanks for the reply Johnny. I think I must not have described my goal very well. I'll try and put it another way.

Some applications I use will allow direct burning of a DVD, but they will not write to anything other than a physical DVD-RW drive.

My goal was to create a virtual DVD-RW drive in order to fool the applications into writing to it.

Apparently EMC's Load Disk Image can't do this. Any helpful ideas?

Thanks for the reply Johnny. I think I must not have described my goal very well. I'll try and put it another way.

Some applications I use will allow direct burning of a DVD, but they will not write to anything other than a physical DVD-RW drive.

My goal was to create a virtual DVD-RW drive in order to fool the applications into writing to it.

Apparently EMC's Load Disk Image can't do this. Any helpful ideas?

Ok CarbonArc, I think I get where you want to go. I don't have V 10 loaded yet and in V 10 they changed Disc Copier to something like video copy. It will write to the hard drive as a ISO file and a DVD Video_TS folder set. Is that where you want to go?

cd

Archived