• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

dvd copying

rongavino

Question

5 answers to this question

Thanks gi7omy for the information and fast response.

Solution that I just figured out when I start receiving those "incompatible media" messages: I eject both DVD and the blank disc, exit Roxio, insert the DVD and wait for the comp. to read and recognize it, insert the blank media and wait for the comp. to recognize it (<--key point), THAN I start Roxio up again and can burn without a problem... gi7omy's information validates why this should work...

i want to copy an asian movie that i have. my roxio dvd burner wont copy it - it keeps asking for a blank dvd disc when i have a balnk dvd -r in my dell dimension desktop. what is the problem?

Could be several possible reasons. To start with though, Roxio/Sonic products do not allow you to rip from copy protected DVD's. If this is not the case, does your program recognize your drive? I would suggest updating your firmware for the drive from the Dell webpage. Respond back if you need further assistance.

I am having the exact same problem. It is not because of copy-right protection on the DVD because there is none. Simply put Roxio tells me the blank DVD I have inserted is not compatible even when it clearly is. Using the copy feature with DVD+R, DVD-R or DVD-DL yield the same result. Most importantly, I noticed that Roxio tells me it is not compatible before it even has a chance to scan the disc. What's going on here? Yes, I am using a DVD Burner and I am a little preplexed because it does not always happen.

The way the suite works is that it depends on the drive recognising the media - that's a function of the drive firmware and it does this by reading a small track at the start of the disc containing the rated burn speed, maker and type of media

If the drive can't tell what the disc is, it then reports to the program that the media is incompatible. As newer disc makers come and go on the scene, the firmware does need to be updated in order for the drive to recognise what it is being fed with

Archived