EMC 9 Not Responding when I try burn a DVD

John Tucson

Question

:( EMC 9 Not Responding when I try burn a DVD. I have been using it on Vista for several months. Last night it started Not Responding when I try burn a DVD. Every thing else seem to work. I can edit and save but when I hit Burn it Not Responding. I do not get the pop up to set up the burn and to shut down my system I had to hold down the power button. Does any one think upgrading to 9.1 will help or just make it worst

6 answers to this question

:( EMC 9 Not Responding when I try burn a DVD. I have been using it on Vista for several months. Last night it started Not Responding when I try burn a DVD. Every thing else seem to work. I can edit and save but when I hit Burn it Not Responding. I do not get the pop up to set up the burn and to shut down my system I had to hold down the power button. Does any one think upgrading to 9.1 will help or just make it worst

Try to do a repair on the program first. You can do this from the EMC disk, or through Start--> Control Panel--> Programs and Features--> highlight Rxio EMC--> click repair and follow directions.

If you try the 9.1 patch, back up everything before you install it. Some have had good news, some have had bad with the update.

The 9.1 update is Vista certified. If it worked before fine and not now for some reason, I would guess some system update or software installed broke the application.

cd

I did just install an Apple Itunes update but I think it worked after. Not sure both were yesterday. The ECM 9 came with my dell I'm not sure if I have the disk. But I also have an EMC 9.0 disk, I got before I got the dell

There have been folks with problems after the itunes updates. The 9.0 retail version updated to 9.1 free. Would be alot better than the Dell OEM version!

cd

Will a update to 9.1 be the same from 9.0 retail version as the Dell OEM version. Or will I need to do a clean uninstall and the install 9.0 retail version.

Archived