• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Getting a 7 gig video onto 2 dvd

Ericc22

Question

Greetings,

I have Toast 8, on my Macbook Pro. I have a 7 gig file that I got from my Tivo via Tivo Transfer. The file is 7 gig and won't fit onto one dvd. How do I split the file so I can put the file onto 2 dvds? Or, can Toast do the split for me? Doesn't seem so based on my use of software and the manual.

All help is most appreciated!

Eric

1 answer to this question

I was hoping someone else who reply to this because I don't have the Tivo. But I believe you can do one of two things easily. One is to set up everything as if you are going to burn the DVD but then choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu. When that is done select the disc image file using the Image File setting in the Copy window. Toast can then do the Fit-to-DVD compression to burn your video on a single-layer disc.

Another option is to buy a dual-layer DVD disc for burning your video. I strongly suggest Verbatim DVD+R DL media for this purpose.

A more difficult approach is to use an application such as MPEG Streamclip to divide the MPEG file extracted by Toast into two MPEG files. Then burn one DVD from each MPEG.

Archived