Lead-in and Lead-out tracks missing?

Videomaine

Question

I have created an ISO file in EMC 8 from a master DVD-R disk of a video that I shot and edited. I am trying to burn 200 DVD-R copies using 4 usb external DVD burners.

The video is approximately 8 minutes long, and on the master disk I can see the area where the tracks are burned by the slight change in color of those tracks. On the master disk the burned area is approximately 1/2 inch wide.

When I burn the ISO file to the copies, the burned area is less than 1/4 inch wide. The burned copies play fine in my DVD player and the full video has been copied.

So, since the entire video has been copied into an area less that 1/2 the area of the original, I am guessing that the lead in and lead out tracks were not recorded. Even though the DVD-Rs play on my DVD player, I am concerned that without the lead in and lead out tracks, the disks may not be compatible on as many players without the lead in and lead out tracks on the disks.

So, is this a problem? Any thoughts?

BTW: I burned the master onto 4 DVD-R disks using Nero, and the area of burned tracks on the copies was identical to the area on the master. Also, the burning time took more that twice the time.

Bob

1 answer to this question

I have created an ISO file in EMC 8 from a master DVD-R disk of a video that I shot and edited. I am trying to burn 200 DVD-R copies using 4 usb external DVD burners.

The video is approximately 8 minutes long, and on the master disk I can see the area where the tracks are burned by the slight change in color of those tracks. On the master disk the burned area is approximately 1/2 inch wide.

When I burn the ISO file to the copies, the burned area is less than 1/4 inch wide. The burned copies play fine in my DVD player and the full video has been copied.

So, since the entire video has been copied into an area less that 1/2 the area of the original, I am guessing that the lead in and lead out tracks were not recorded. Even though the DVD-Rs play on my DVD player, I am concerned that without the lead in and lead out tracks, the disks may not be compatible on as many players without the lead in and lead out tracks on the disks.

So, is this a problem? Any thoughts?

BTW: I burned the master onto 4 DVD-R disks using Nero, and the area of burned tracks on the copies was identical to the area on the master. Also, the burning time took more that twice the time.

Bob

During the production of a DVD-R disc the lead-in is pre-embossed (pre-written) + R's are not. That's why you can set Booktype BitSetting on + R disc's and not - R disc's.

Seems strange to me too. You need to explain more, the master what, from what, on what? What application in each program did you use? The disc's x-speed, brand, were they all the same? Are the burners the same, with the same firmware?

You talk of burning the ISO in EMC 8, then the master onto 4 DVD-R disks using Nero, details, details?

cd

Archived