• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Divx Compatibility

Saasuke

Question

Hello all ^_^ I'm new to the roxio software. I picked up the big red box :P Easy CD & DVD. I had the intent of burning some video clips onto DVD's so that the wife and I could watch them on the DVD player (she hates sitting at my PC) however i ran into an issue. All of my AVI's have a DivX video encoding; and the roxio software will not register them. So i came here, and found the guide for EMC9 http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=8841 dix dilemma posted. I thought that would solve all my problems, however i'm not able to follow through all the steps. I don't have EMC9 :( If anyone is able to help me out and let me know how i can get the Easy CD & DVD burning software to recognize my DivX encoded AVI's it would be awesome!

As a note: On the guide i found; the step I ran into a problem with was

I'll assume you know how to copy a file from one directory to another. So, copy the DivXDec.ax file to your c:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\DivX\ directory. There should already be a few other divx files there.

When looking through the directory there is no '\DivX' folder in the \9.0\ directory. I haven't deleted or moved anything... I don't know what's up :o

11 answers to this question

Gah! recommendations? i'm assuming there's not an upgrade for this line... not looking forward to re-encoding 400+ gigs. I'll give u this one back brand new and spring for EMC 9 :P Oh well... only 30 bones i suppose... but still disappointing. :( I shouldn't have gone the cheap route [/sigh]

On another note... Thank you all very much! This forum has by far been the best resource i've found. Much appreciated. :D

Life Lesson: If you can get something for $30 that everyone else has to pay $99 for, walk away!!!

I don't have any DivX files so I cannot really suggest what might be best. In ALL cases, you are going to be converting them to mpg for a DVD Movie.

Whether it would pay you to get the full version of V9 or V10 or just find a DivX-to-mpg converter to put them into a format you can use??? You will have to decide what will work best for you.

I've been trying to use the 'Create DVD' app. and it works pretty smoothly other than the DivX issue. Menu's are simple... but i could care less about the menus :P

[Edit:] "Quick DVD" is the application's exact title. I'm really starting to believe the "red box version" of Easy CD & DVD burning just doesn't support DivX :'(

Gah! recommendations? i'm assuming there's not an upgrade for this line... not looking forward to re-encoding 400+ gigs. I'll give u this one back brand new and spring for EMC 9 :P Oh well... only 30 bones i suppose... but still disappointing. :( I shouldn't have gone the cheap route [/sigh]

On another note... Thank you all very much! This forum has by far been the best resource i've found. Much appreciated. :D

There are two possibilities here:

1: you have the older version of the Red Box - check in Creator - go to help, about and make sure it says version 9 (the box should have been marked as Vista Compatible)

2: As it's a cut down version, DivX may not have been included. In that case you could try adding the codecs from the DivX website

http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

Yes, that is correct. This particular version of Software does not have any functions that are related to DivX.

I have Easy Media Creator 9 that came with the Dell notebook i have recently purchased:

Roxio Creator DE

Version: 9.0.116

Build: 901B16J, DL2

i seem to have the same problem, the software does not recognizer DivX files. Is this a limited version? What are my options ?

Yes, that is correct. This particular version of Software does not have any functions that are related to DivX.

I have Easy Media Creator 9 that came with the Dell notebook i have recently purchased:

Roxio Creator DE

Version: 9.0.116

Build: 901B16J, DL2

i seem to have the same problem, the software does not recognize DivX files. Is this a limited version? What are my options ?

Archived