Support double layer disc

lakoh

Question

2 answers to this question

Support MyDVD 9 import video titles and playlists from DVD-VR double layer disc ?

Please can anyone help me ?

I use a Pani DVDR quite a bit -- maybe this will help...

As cdanteek mentioned DVD-VR is an odd format -- the actual structure on disc can vary depending on the kind of blank used (+/-) and the Recorder. Generally the only way to make it really compatible with software, normal DVDs, and players is to extract or copy the audio & video from the recorded disc. If your DVDR really does playlists, like menus and editing it's often best done on your PC rather than in your DVDR, so the video and audio are all you need. If you want to preserve editing from a DVDR, which consists of skipping over recorded video, you *might* have success with some DVD copying software that follows the player directions on the DVD-VR. Which software? I'd start by searching on your brand/model of DVDR, or else going to videohelp.com and trying some of the software listed in their tools section to see what if anything works. Normally the Copy program included with EMC9 should get your media off the DVD and on your hdd for you. The resulting mpg file should work nicely in MyDVD.

Support MyDVD 9 import video titles and playlists from DVD-VR double layer disc ?

Please can anyone help me ?

DVD-VR is a odd format and will probably only read in the recorder that made it. It was designed to edit in that recorder not import to a pc. The recorder should have a DVD Video compliant mode, if that's what you would like to do.

EMC V9 Media Import Help File.

DVD video source files may be located in a single folder or in several folders on the disc, depending on the system used to create the DVD. Regardless of the number of folders used to store the DVD source files, there must be a folder labeled VIDEO_TS containing key files, or the DVD movie titles cannot be read.

Note: If no movie titles appear, make sure that the DVD contains a VIDEO_TS folder. If the VIDEO_TS folder is not present, Media Import cannot read the DVD movie titles.

cd

Archived