Splitting tracks with ECDC 5 Platinum

zapus

I'm ripping an old vinyl album to hard disk and then cd, etc. It's a live album, so there are no pauses between tracks for Spin Doctor to pick up on. I've got two .wav files on my hard drive (sideone and sidetwo), but would like to split them up into individual tracks. When I go to split out the tracks in ECDC 5, the Split Tracks command under the Tracks menu is grayed out. What gives? The Help menu talks about splitting up composite tracks, which sounds like just the ticket. I've tried splitting it up into individual tracks manually with the sound editor, but seem to have horizontal scrolling issues which are preventing me from highlighting entire tracks individually. I'm currently playing with some other audio editing software, but there has to be an easier way... I don't remember ECDC 3 being this difficult to work with. Am I missing something obvious?

I'm ripping an old vinyl album to hard disk and then cd, etc. It's a live album, so there are no pauses between tracks for Spin Doctor to pick up on. I've got two .wav files on my hard drive (sideone and sidetwo), but would like to split them up into individual tracks. When I go to split out the tracks in ECDC 5, the Split Tracks command under the Tracks menu is grayed out. What gives? The Help menu talks about splitting up composite tracks, which sounds like just the ticket. I've tried splitting it up into individual tracks manually with the sound editor, but seem to have horizontal scrolling issues which are preventing me from highlighting entire tracks individually. I'm currently playing with some other audio editing software, but there has to be an easier way... I don't remember ECDC 3 being this difficult to work with. Am I missing something obvious?

The "Split Track" option is only available for tracks that were previously "Merged" in ECDC 5, it's not for creating new split points. You could do what you want using Sound Editor, but it doesn't automatically split tracks on CD Sector (frame) boundaries, leaving the very high potential for a short gap (up to 1/75th second) between tracks.

Instead, let me recommend that you download CDWAVE and use that to split out your individual tracks. Then add them into your Music CD project, and make sure you write it in Disc-At-Once mode so you don't two second gaps between songs.

That will give you the tracks you want with full indexing capabilities.

Hope that helps!

The "Split Track" option is only available for tracks that were previously "Merged" in ECDC 5, it's not for creating new split points. You could do what you want using Sound Editor, but it doesn't automatically split tracks on CD Sector (frame) boundaries, leaving the very high potential for a short gap (up to 1/75th second) between tracks.

Instead, let me recommend that you download CDWAVE and use that to split out your individual tracks. Then add them into your Music CD project, and make sure you write it in Disc-At-Once mode so you don't two second gaps between songs.

That will give you the tracks you want with full indexing capabilities.

Hope that helps!

Wow! CDWave did the trick admirably. Very intuitive and easy to use. I spent longer reading help files in other audio editor applications than the entire process took. Thanks for the quick response!

Wow! CDWave did the trick admirably. Very intuitive and easy to use. I spent longer reading help files in other audio editor applications than the entire process took. Thanks for the quick response!

You're very welcome. I also use it to do my initial recording most of the time. As you noted, it's very intuitive and easy to use. It's specifically written to split tracks just for putting them onto CD. If you use it at all, it's well worth the $15 registration.

Archived