• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator DE won't Convert tracks(Using Vista)

bloody computers

Question

When I try to create an audio CD the program says it is "Converting Tracks" but the time remaining just keeps on increasing and it never does complete. I actually left it running all night and it didn't complete.

I've burnt the same CDs on my old PC (Win 98) using Nero with no problems.

I've heard the Roxio Creator DE is another wonderful Dell Edition version. Does this mean it is cut down.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

When I try to create an audio CD the program says it is "Converting Tracks" but the time remaining just keeps on increasing and it never does complete. I actually left it running all night and it didn't complete.

I've burnt the same CDs on my old PC (Win 98) using Nero with no problems.

I've heard the Roxio Creator DE is another wonderful Dell Edition version. Does this mean it is cut down.

Thanks

I think all OEM versions are 'cut down'. That doesn't mean they can't do what they are supposed to but companies sell or give these versions to computer manufacturers with the hope that you'll buy the full version. Most of the time, it's worth it if you need and use what the software offers.

However, sounds like what you are trying to do should be an easy thing so you might want to contact Dell about it and find out why it's not so easy.

I think all OEM versions are 'cut down'. That doesn't mean they can't do what they are supposed to but companies sell or give these versions to computer manufacturers with the hope that you'll buy the full version. Most of the time, it's worth it if you need and use what the software offers.

However, sounds like what you are trying to do should be an easy thing so you might want to contact Dell about it and find out why it's not so easy.

I was afraid someone would say to contact Dell. I've just spent over a week in Dell Hell trying to get someone to get my brand spanking new PC to work. To their credit they did send a service technician to my house where he spent over 4 hours reinstalling everything. He must have missed this problem.

I thought a brand new PC was just meant to work straight out of the box. Obviously I was wrong !!!!!!

Thanks Ed

I was afraid someone would say to contact Dell. I've just spent over a week in Dell Hell trying to get someone to get my brand spanking new PC to work. To their credit they did send a service technician to my house where he spent over 4 hours reinstalling everything. He must have missed this problem.

I thought a brand new PC was just meant to work straight out of the box. Obviously I was wrong !!!!!!

Thanks Ed

Have you tried their forums? You might be happily surprised as I've been there a few times and have always gotten some help. It's worth a try.

Archived