• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 9.1 Software Update

dcider1

Question

Here is the link for the download page:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc9/software_updates.html

I'm curious as to why there is no link from the main SW download/updates page for EMC 9.0 when there is a update for it. :huh: I think that EMC9.0 deserves a link in the main SW download/updates page not to mention this would simplify finding it.

Thanks!

-D

4 answers to this question

And my answer was basically telling you that this is not Roxio tech support, and you should send your request directly to them. I think it is a good idea to have the link on the main webpage.

I might be wrong, but I think Roxio's always had a separate link to current updates requiring sign-in. Think I recall it being that way since version 3 or something. Nero's a bit looser I'd guess you could say, with open dl pages, but they don't have a separate trial version so they have to be. Not arguing one side of the fence or the other, but when it comes to piracy, I strongly suspect you'll find Nero has a much bigger problem than Roxio.

I'm curious as to why there is no link from the main SW download/updates page for EMC 9.0 when there is a update for it. :huh: I think that EMC9.0 deserves a link in the main SW download/updates page not to mention this would simplify finding it.

Thanks!

-D

You might get lucky and have someone from Roxio drop in here to see your message, but if you want a fast answer, contact them directly.

This is a users forum.

I might be wrong, but I think Roxio's always had a separate link to current updates requiring sign-in. Think I recall it being that way since version 3 or something. Nero's a bit looser I'd guess you could say, with open dl pages, but they don't have a separate trial version so they have to be. Not arguing one side of the fence or the other, but when it comes to piracy, I strongly suspect you'll find Nero has a much bigger problem than Roxio.

Yes, Roxio did always have a separate link on their main webpage, and you did always have to sign in to get the update. I think the 9.1 patch should be there, too.

Since the update is rather large we thought initially it would create a lot of problems if many people decided to download it at the same time. We may change that in the future as the update is not exactly new anymore, but we haven't decided for sure yet. Besides, the people that were most vocal about wanting the update were forums users, so we posted the links here first.

Archived