• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I can’t copy my DVD

salex

Question

3 answers to this question

I’m using TDK, DVD-R discs to burn 1-2 hours long wedding videos. I was able to copy with Roxio until 3 weeks ago. I’m using the same type of discs for months. Please let me know if you need additional information about my system (Dell XPS1210, Windows Vista Home Premium)

I have no idea why anything would change, but it sounds like maybe the title video(s) are getting listed more than once in the player directions stored in the IFO files. I've seen this happen in 2 situations myself -- I have no idea if there are more possibilities... The first case is when the DVDs are written/recorded using a DVDR: the DVD-VR format allows pseudo-edits which amount to skipping over portions of the video. The second case involved a DVD with 2 versions of the same video -- the video was only on the DVD once, but listed twice.

Copy software, including EMC9's Copy, usually see the different titles and you can copy just one to your hdd. If you are copying complete DVDs to have extra copies to hand out, you're better off to write them to hdd as disc image files or as individual files/folders. The reason is that most DVD drives are speed limited for copying to deter piracy. You're likely wasting a lot of time IOW if that's how you're making extra copies.

I’m using TDK, DVD-R discs to burn 1-2 hours long wedding videos. I was able to copy with Roxio until 3 weeks ago. I’m using the same type of discs for months. Please let me know if you need additional information about my system (Dell XPS1210, Windows Vista Home Premium)

Archived