• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC7 & Napster

ThePhnx

Question

I had a customer install ECC7 and then was unable to use her 2 CDRW drives since then. She has WinXP Home and I had found the CDR4_xp.sys was not loading too, through System Events. They had the yellow I next to them in Device Manager. After trouble shooting the hardware end and finding no problem, I uninstalled Roxio and they still weren't there.

I noticed Napster on her computer and she said she didn't install it. It was installed the same day as ECC7. I assume Roxio had installed Napster along with ECC7 and when I uninstalled Napster, the drives show up and are usable again. I will install Roxio again and see where I can either un-select Napster installation or uninstall it after the installation. I did not find this answer when searching the forum twice before.

1 answer to this question

I had a customer install ECC7 and then was unable to use her 2 CDRW drives since then. She has WinXP Home and I had found the CDR4_xp.sys was not loading too, through System Events. They had the yellow I next to them in Device Manager. After trouble shooting the hardware end and finding no problem, I uninstalled Roxio and they still weren't there.

I noticed Napster on her computer and she said she didn't install it. It was installed the same day as ECC7. I assume Roxio had installed Napster along with ECC7 and when I uninstalled Napster, the drives show up and are usable again. I will install Roxio again and see where I can either un-select Napster installation or uninstall it after the installation. I did not find this answer when searching the forum twice before.

Although you are posting in the wrong forum, EMC 7 requires Napster to be installed initially, because for whatever reason, it is the engine for Creator Classic.

Once you install the software, and you see that Creator Classic is running ok, you can uninstall Napster, and all of EMC 7 should still work.

Don't ask me why that is. I have no clue, but it does work. :)

Archived