G-Dub

Easy Audio Capture

Question

I've been scourging the topics looking for my exact problem but so far haven't found the solution. Forgive me if it's already been addressed.

I upgraded to EMC9 after downloading IE 7 and discovering that Creator 6 wouldn't recognize either my CD or DVD burner.

I tried to record from my audio card and it worked great - the first time. After that, it appeared to record and took up a bunch of space, but had no sound. I upgraded my audio driver and the recording level indicator now shows that it's working but I still get no sound. Tried both MP3 and WAV formats but still no luck.

The puzzling thing is, when I first installed it it worked. I have since re-installed the program but no luck.

Thanks for any help!

My system:

HP Pavillion w/XP Home version 2002 w/ SP2

Pentium 4 2.4GHz

1GB RAM

Integrated sound - Realtek AC97 Audio w/Microsoft Digital Sound System 80 for playback

9 answers to this question

I've been scourging the topics looking for my exact problem but so far haven't found the solution. Forgive me if it's already been addressed.

I upgraded to EMC9 after downloading IE 7 and discovering that Creator 6 wouldn't recognize either my CD or DVD burner.

I tried to record from my audio card and it worked great - the first time. After that, it appeared to record and took up a bunch of space, but had no sound. I upgraded my audio driver and the recording level indicator now shows that it's working but I still get no sound. Tried both MP3 and WAV formats but still no luck.

The puzzling thing is, when I first installed it it worked. I have since re-installed the program but no luck.

Thanks for any help!

My system:

Pentium 4 2.4GHz

1GB RAM

Integrated sound - Realtek AC97 Audio w/Microsoft Digital Sound System 80 for playback

IE7 was made for Vista. You could try rolling back to IE6 to see if it works. IE7 does kill all version of the Roxio software, prior to EMC 9. And a lot of folks are having problems with IE7, EMC 9, in XP.

IE7 was made for Vista. You could try rolling back to IE6 to see if it works. IE7 does kill all version of the Roxio software, prior to EMC 9. And a lot of folks are having problems with IE7, EMC 9, in XP.

Ok, thanks. I will give it a try. IE7 has bothered some of my other machines enough to warrant removing it. Interesting how much Microsoft pushed IE7 to be loaded on current machines prior to the release of Vista...

Ok, thanks. I will give it a try. IE7 has bothered some of my other machines enough to warrant removing it. Interesting how much Microsoft pushed IE7 to be loaded on current machines prior to the release of Vista...

Let us know if it works. Hopefully, you won't have to reinstall EMC 9.

Let us know if it works. Hopefully, you won't have to reinstall EMC 9.

Well, I rolled back IE; that didn't work. I ran the repair utility on EMC9, that didn't work. I suppose I could uninstall / reinstall EMC9 just to see; I originally reinstalled EMC9 without uninstalling it first, and that, of course, didn't work, either...

This seems (so far) to be unique just to the capture utility, as I can record to CD just fine. Haven't tried a DVD yet...

Thanks for any help!

My system:

Pentium 4 2.4GHz

1GB RAM

I don't know if this can help or not. I have HP/ Realtek and MCE 2005, so it may be different trouble all together but I couldn't get Easy Audio Capture to work when I installed EMC9. There was a discussion on this board that showed how to go to the Control Panel and then into the Realtek HD Sound Effects program, where you would make some settings changes. I did this and its works now for me, although I have to choose Line/Mic In in Easy Audio Capture. I probably have something hooked up wrong, but it works so I don't try to fix it. I tried to find the post but couldn't. If I find it I will post back for you, or if someone else remembers where it is they might tell you.

I don't know if this can help or not. I have HP/ Realtek and MCE 2005, so it may be different trouble all together but I couldn't get Easy Audio Capture to work when I installed EMC9. There was a discussion on this board that showed how to go to the Control Panel and then into the Realtek HD Sound Effects program, where you would make some settings changes. I did this and its works now for me, although I have to choose Line/Mic In in Easy Audio Capture. I probably have something hooked up wrong, but it works so I don't try to fix it. I tried to find the post but couldn't. If I find it I will post back for you, or if someone else remembers where it is they might tell you.

Thanks, Karri. I don't have Realtek HD so there is no "sound effects program". I did try the Line/Mic In but still nothing. I appreciate your help!

There have been problems with the latest Realtek audio settings

Right click on the volume control in the task bar and open 'Adjust audio properties'

Click on Volume and 'advanced' so that you see the 'Master Volume' slider

Click on 'Options, Properties' and you will get a lot of check boxes - make sure you select the ones you want

In the newer chipsets it's crazy - the mic checkbox is marked 'Rear Pink In' - tick whichever one your line in is going to (probably Rear Green In)

There have been problems with the latest Realtek audio settings

Right click on the volume control in the task bar and open 'Adjust audio properties'

Click on Volume and 'advanced' so that you see the 'Master Volume' slider

Click on 'Options, Properties' and you will get a lot of check boxes - make sure you select the ones you want

In the newer chipsets it's crazy - the mic checkbox is marked 'Rear Pink In' - tick whichever one your line in is going to (probably Rear Green In)

Thanks - Only I'm not using "line in", just capturing the sound on the card (internet music, music already on my computer, etc., just as the program suggests)

I've about given up...nice utility. Wish it worked.

If that's what you're trying to do then you need to be set to something like "Wav or What you Hear".Not sure what they're called on a RelTek but that's what you're after.Line in won't work cuz there's nothing connected to it when you're doing what you're trying.

Make sure in Xp's mixer that none of those are muted on the recording tab.

post-85-1190728969.png

Edited by tbrewst