CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.5 has been released

cdanteek

Erik Deppe, the author of Nero Toolkit has put out CD-DVD speed version 4.7.7.5. zip 799 KB Windows. For those not familiar with this software, it is a freeware utility for carrying benchmarks and tests on blank and pre-recorded discs, including C1/PIE and C2/PIF disc quality tests.

The following is the change log Erik provided for this latest version:

Improved support for HD DVD-RW (DL)

Disc Quality Test: improved support for Asus drives with a Mediatek chipset.

I compared scans from the Asus 1814BL with scans from LiteOn drives and they where almost identical.

Jitter scan speed for LiteOn drives can be selected with a registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero Toolkit\CD Speed\CD Quality REG_DWORD Speed Jitter

Small improvements

CD-DVD Speed Download

Erik Deppe, the author of Nero Toolkit has put out CD-DVD speed version 4.7.7.5. zip 799 KB Windows. For those not familiar with this software, it is a freeware utility for carrying benchmarks and tests on blank and pre-recorded discs, including C1/PIE and C2/PIF disc quality tests.

I compared scans from the Asus 1814BL with scans from LiteOn drives and they where almost identical.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero Toolkit\CD Speed\CD Quality REG_DWORD Speed Jitter

Small improvements

CD-DVD Speed Download

Thanks, cd.

Small improvements

CD-DVD Speed Download

Another good tool that might come in handy cd. Thanks for the link :)

Frank...

Weird... still won't run on my machine just like the previous version. Says no drives.

Gary, If your game this won't hurt anything to try. On the CD DVD Speed Home page, Download Nero WNASPI.DLL and place it in the CD DVD Speed installation directory folder, that's all and see if it works.

cd

Archived