• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave 8 Freezes

skibumbill@aol.com

Question

My video wave freezes when trying to trim productions. I have the lastest update for EMC 8. I shut down all the non essential processes. When I do the Windows task Monitor, I says I'm using 50% of the resources. I wouldn't think I would have any problems with using up too much of my resources with the amount of RAM I have. I'm have tried uninstalling, cleaning out the registry, and then reinstalling with the same results.

I'm using Windows XP (with all the updates), Pentium D 3.0 GB processor, 2 GB RAM, Nvidia Ge Force 6800 video card.

Any help would be appreciates. I'm very frustrated.

Bill

3 answers to this question

In some cases, the proxy file manager is the culprit. It is creating the proxy files for that production. It usually takes a couple of minutes to do this -- I don't know why. If you wait for a few minutes until it settles down and then do your editing. When you looked at processes, is this the process that is using the resources?

My video wave freezes when trying to trim productions. I have the lastest update for EMC 8. I shut down all the non essential processes. When I do the Windows task Monitor, I says I'm using 50% of the resources. I wouldn't think I would have any problems with using up too much of my resources with the amount of RAM I have. I'm have tried uninstalling, cleaning out the registry, and then reinstalling with the same results.

I'm using Windows XP (with all the updates), Pentium D 3.0 GB processor, 2 GB RAM, Nvidia Ge Force 6800 video card.

Any help would be appreciates. I'm very frustrated.

Bill

In some cases, the proxy file manager is the culprit. It is creating the proxy files for that production. It usually takes a couple of minutes to do this -- I don't know why. If you wait for a few minutes until it settles down and then do your editing. When you looked at processes, is this the process that is using the resources?

It still froze after waiting for 2 minutes. With the processor I have, it shouldn't have a problem. It's a dual channel processor.

Mine too - look at my computer profile. Was the hard disc still being accessed? Wait until that stops; may be more than 2 minutes.

It still froze after waiting for 2 minutes. With the processor I have, it shouldn't have a problem. It's a dual channel processor.

Archived