Intervideo player

whiskers

Question

Hello , I just reinstalled my roxio 9 suite after buying roxio 10 it just didnt work! jittebug error etc anyway I was using roxio 9 to convert some video to divx format , i popped in the cd and up popped two unkown items in the taskbar intervideo player and intervideo manager , they froze on the dektop and wouldnt shut down even though the pc hadnt crashed and nothing was running according to manager , I had to shut pc down and reboot , as i couldnt ever recall installing any such software i thought it must have come either with media player 10 its updates or roxio , as after installing the latter i scanned for malaware and viruses with avg anti spyware and avg anti virus and spybot , the pc was clean, i assumed it comes as part of roxio if not what is this player i used system restore to revert to a state when my pc was ok as cd /dvds refused to autoplay and short of rebuilding pc after ticking numerous boxes nothing resolved the issues. anyway i got rid for the moment I tracked the culprit down to a nice folder on my pc but wasnt surew whether to remove it or not as if it is indeed related to roxio i dont want to create yet more problems , does anyone know what this player is and can it safely be deactivated? thanks

3 answers to this question

whiskers

Intervideo is a totally seperate company. It is usually a default OEM Software program that many Manufacturers include in their Systems.

It is NOw owned by Corel and I have Intervideo 3 and it is a very nice program. The OEM stuff usually has you locked out of many features and has a counter where after so many times os uses , it stops. The player should not be affected by the counter but features such as Color control, etc will be.

I think it was ALWAYS on your system.

hi , and thanks for your reply , I dont know how intervideo got onto my pc ! I had just rebuilt it got rid of nero installed roxio 9 then 10 went back rebuilt it again as roxio 10 had jit bug error just got pc as i wanted and intervideo pops up i havent installed it only software was roxio media player 10 as roxio requires 10 not window media player 9 , Intervideo loaded it appeared froze on the desktop wouldnt shut down or do anything , Im not too worried I just want to disable it say in msconfig so that it doesnt upset the autostart on my pc like it did last time cds/dvds wouldnt autoplay and i had to do a system restore to get back to a working state , If it isnt part of roxio then I definately want to shut it down still a mystery how it got on the pc in the first place! it did once pop up also i seem to remember on a mates pc after he installed power dvd then it vanished and we couldnt get it back totally weird!

Go to WINDOWS EXPLORER or MY COMPUTER and see if you can find a File Folder for Intervideo, it may be under a Master folder of Corel or Intervideo, look in the folders and see if you see an Uninstall Utility. Or Look under programs, but I am assuming there is no reference to it under programs from what you have posted. The other way you can UNINSTALL IT ( I prefer to go to the folder and use the programs uninstall) is to go to CONTROL PANEL and load the ADD/REMOVE SOFTWARE program, scroll down to the INTERVIDEO and click REMOVE, follow the prompts and then reboot. BE Super CAreful not to go and uninstall something that may be link to your computer's operation.

Good Luck

whiskers

Intervideo is a totally seperate company. It is usually a default OEM Software program that many Manufacturers include in their Systems.

It is NOw owned by Corel and I have Intervideo 3 and it is a very nice program. The OEM stuff usually has you locked out of many features and has a counter where after so many times os uses , it stops. The player should not be affected by the counter but features such as Color control, etc will be.

I think it was ALWAYS on your system.

Archived