• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adding Text To Color Panel.

oppdretiree

Question

I want to add color panels with text for a DVD production. This was not a problem in V7, but in Version 8, when I add text to a color panel (or any panel).....it adds the text to the entire production. I followed all instructions from the "help" screen....but can seem to get the text where I want it....on specific panels.

Any help would be appreciated.

OPPDRetiree

Dell 8300, Pentium 4 @2.8GHz, with HT Technology, Windows XP Home, 1GB Memory, 80 GB Hard drive, EMC7 and EMC8 both installed on PC.

3 answers to this question

I want to add color panels with text for a DVD production. This was not a problem in V7, but in Version 8, when I add text to a color panel (or any panel).....it adds the text to the entire production. I followed all instructions from the "help" screen....but can seem to get the text where I want it....on specific panels.

Any help would be appreciated.

OPPDRetiree

Dell 8300, Pentium 4 @2.8GHz, with HT Technology, Windows XP Home, 1GB Memory, 80 GB Hard drive, EMC7 and EMC8 both installed on PC.

After you add the color panel, double click on it to get to the internal tracks, and add your text there. It should stay with that panel & that panel only then.

After you add the color panel, double click on it to get to the internal tracks, and add your text there. It should stay with that panel & that panel only then.

Thanks for the feedback.

I did what you said....but somehow, the text is inserted into the color panel .....AND for the first 3 panels.

I know I must be doing something wrong....but I don't know what.

Thanks, again.

Three possibilities. 1) did you delete the text you put in originally ? 2) Clear the proxy files by using tools/options,/clear proxy. or 3) When you went to the internal track, how many panels were highlighted? Should only be one and the display should be yellow. BTW, the left most icon will open the internal tracks also just remember to have only one "block" selected.

Thanks for the feedback.

I did what you said....but somehow, the text is inserted into the color panel .....AND for the first 3 panels.

I know I must be doing something wrong....but I don't know what.

Thanks, again.

Archived