• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Playback one track at time?

foxio

Does anyone know if there's a way to burn a CD so that a CD player will only playback one track at a time, without advancing to the next track? I am burning a CD with emergency messages to be played over the PA system in the event of an emergency. One track will be for fire, one for severe weather, etc. I want to be able to play the track, leave the CD player unattended (if we have to evacuate, etc.) and have it stop after the selected track has been played. I hope that makes sense.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone know if there's a way to burn a CD so that a CD player will only playback one track at a time, without advancing to the next track? I am burning a CD with emergency messages to be played over the PA system in the event of an emergency. One track will be for fire, one for severe weather, etc. I want to be able to play the track, leave the CD player unattended (if we have to evacuate, etc.) and have it stop after the selected track has been played. I hope that makes sense.

I'd suggest a different CD for each message. Yes, about 10 seconds longer to load the disc, but not that much longer than locating the right track. That'll do what you want, and you can make the message repeat up to 80 minutes. And discs are cheap.

To answer your question, no, I know of no way to make a disc that'll only play one track without letting the player continue to the next track.

If you use Sound Stream in Easy CD Creator 5, you can have any single track reapeated over and over by selecting the track to plat, press play and Loop Playback

Regards, Jean

Archived