• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Single track playback

foxio

Question

Does anyone know if there's a way to burn a CD so that a CD player will only playback one track at a time, without advancing to the next track? I am burning a CD with emergency messages to be played over the PA system in the event of an emergency. One track will be for fire, one for severe weather, etc. I want to be able to play the track, leave the CD player unattended (if we have to evacuate, etc.) and have it stop after the selected track has been played. I hope that makes sense.

Does anyone have any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Does anyone know if there's a way to burn a CD so that a CD player will only playback one track at a time, without advancing to the next track? I am burning a CD with emergency messages to be played over the PA system in the event of an emergency. One track will be for fire, one for severe weather, etc. I want to be able to play the track, leave the CD player unattended (if we have to evacuate, etc.) and have it stop after the selected track has been played. I hope that makes sense.

Does anyone have any ideas?

If you have Windows Vista it is easy.....go to Media Player ...burn the CD (only the part you want) stop and then go to repeat...you will have to use a new CD...but it works..If you do not have Windows Vista....burn the CD to your hard drive....take your mouse and outline in (blue) on most computers)

just the part you want

do a repeat and it will record up to six hours if you like...

Kyhorses

Archived