• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't access files in .gi image

jwaldrop

Question

My wife purchased some educational fonts on CD which I installed for her, and also saved as a disc image using EMC 8 Data Disc. Due to a crash, it needs to be reinstalled, and we find that she has lost the original cd. No problem...I'll burn you one from the backup file on the hard drive.

Well, it burned just fine (I thought), but I can't open it to install the fonts. All I can find is the Roxio .gi file on the CD, which when I try to access it only opens EMC 8 Data Disc program.

Can one of you kind souls tell me what i'm doing wrong, please?

8 answers to this question

I think that is exactly what happened. Thank you for the PM...with the following advice...

please read my post on this. I made a GI image from a DVD Video_TS folder and it works fine for me. You can download the free IsoBuster 2.2 from smart projects and look inside (file, open image file) your GI Image if you have any problems.

This worked like a charm. I found the actual font files, which installed perfectly after I saved them to a folder.

Hmmmm.... ISOBUSTER didn't do crap for my .gi file... :(

Hmmmm.... ISOBUSTER didn't do crap for my .gi file... :(

Did you get a box, During mounting of the disc only a session/ track layout could be found. No file-systems nor files and folders could be found, Is your gi file of, a CD Session?

cd

My wife purchased some educational fonts on CD which I installed for her, and also saved as a disc image using EMC 8 Data Disc. Due to a crash, it needs to be reinstalled, and we find that she has lost the original cd. No problem...I'll burn you one from the backup file on the hard drive.

Well, it burned just fine (I thought), but I can't open it to install the fonts. All I can find is the Roxio .gi file on the CD, which when I try to access it only opens EMC 8 Data Disc program.

Can one of you kind souls tell me what i'm doing wrong, please?

I think you recorded the GI Image file in Record now copy, that defaults a copy to a GI Image file. Two ways of getting to Record now copy, from the home screen copy, burn image, or start, all programs, EMC 8, copy, Record now copy. Open that program and load the GI Image file under 1. choose the location of the image file, click browse to locate it. Then under 2. insert a blank or rewritable disc in the drive below, it will have one of your drives in the box, burn your font gi image to the disc, close the EMC 8 program out. Now install the files on the disc like before.

Please come back and let a kind soul know it worked! :)

cd ;)

There is no image when burned back in Record Now, Just a clone of what you imaged in the first place.

What are the files and file types on the disc, you burned from the GI Image off your hard drive?

If you tell me it's a GI Image, you burned it back to the disc as a data disc in Creator Classic, not Record Now copy.

cd

I think that is exactly what happened. Thank you for the PM...with the following advice...

please read my post on this. I made a GI image from a DVD Video_TS folder and it works fine for me. You can download the free IsoBuster 2.2 from smart projects and look inside (file, open image file) your GI Image if you have any problems.

This worked like a charm. I found the actual font files, which installed perfectly after I saved them to a folder.

Thanks again to the regulars for help that really works.

I think you recorded the GI Image file in Record now copy, that defaults a copy to a GI Image file. Two ways of getting to Record now copy, from the home screen copy, burn image, or start, all programs, EMC 8, copy, Record now copy. Open that program and load the GI Image file under 1. choose the location of the image file, click browse to locate it. Then under 2. insert a blank or rewritable disc in the drive below, it will have one of your drives in the box, burn your font gi image to the disc, close the EMC 8 program out. Now install the files on the disc like before.

Please come back and let a kind soul know it worked! :)

cd ;)

Thanks! Unfortunately, I've been able to find the .gi file, put it into Record Now, and burn. I just can't open it or install it. When I cruise to the image through Install Fonts, it finds no fonts in the image. :glare:

Thanks! Unfortunately, I've been able to find the .gi file, put it into Record Now, and burn. I just can't open it or install it. When I cruise to the image through Install Fonts, it finds no fonts in the image. :glare:

There is no image when burned back in Record Now, Just a clone of what you imaged in the first place.

What are the files and file types on the disc, you burned from the GI Image off your hard drive?

If you tell me it's a GI Image, you burned it back to the disc as a data disc in Creator Classic, not Record Now copy.

cd

Archived