Can't Open DVD Builder / Create New DVD

Roger64

Question

:) what I've got: WinXP Home Ed., EMC7, HP 1.2Ghz, 256 meg memory, DirectX ver 9, Display Adapter = Intel 82810 chipset w/latest version. Performing all video tests in DirectX reveals no problems.

:angry2: Here's the problem: When I attempt to start either the DVD Builder, I get the following error message --

"It has been detected that your display adapter does not fully support DirectX 9.0 3D features. This application requires these features in order to run. This problem can usually be resolved by updating your display driver. Please visit your graphics card manufacture's website and download an updated driver."

As I stated, I did the 3D tests in DirectX and no problems encountered. :D

So --- what do I do ??? :unsure:

4 answers to this question

I remember this coming up on the old forums back when EMC 7 first came out. As I recall, that was one of the onboard video chips that doesn't support most of the functionality of directx (despite what directx diag reports) that the software requires. The only resolution that I remember was to install a directx9 compliant video card.

Thank you granpa and Larry -- I was afraid that that was what I was going to have to do. The last update to the intel chipset was 2002 - any suggestions about which video card to get? I'm not a gamer so I don't need one with all the bells and whistles. Thank you again for your help.

Roger

Thank you granpa and Larry -- I was afraid that that was what I was going to have to do. The last update to the intel chipset was 2002 - any suggestions about which video card to get? I'm not a gamer so I don't need one with all the bells and whistles. Thank you again for your help.

Roger

I forgot to add that I would like to be able to work with videos / DVDs but again no big production efforts. OK - that's it.

TTL

Roger

Roger

I forgot to add that I would like to be able to work with videos / DVDs but again no big production efforts. OK - that's it.

TTL

Roger

I just read your first post again. I don't know if your computer will handle doing video work. The processor is extremely low end, and you don't have enough memory.

:) what I've got: WinXP Home Ed., EMC7, HP 1.2Ghz, 256 meg memory, DirectX ver 9, Display Adapter = Intel 82810 chipset w/latest version. Performing all video tests in DirectX reveals no problems.

:angry2: Here's the problem: When I attempt to start either the DVD Builder, I get the following error message --

"It has been detected that your display adapter does not fully support DirectX 9.0 3D features. This application requires these features in order to run. This problem can usually be resolved by updating your display driver. Please visit your graphics card manufacture's website and download an updated driver."

As I stated, I did the 3D tests in DirectX and no problems encountered. :D

So --- what do I do ??? :unsure:

That 3D test means nothing. They are just basic tests. The software uses parts of DirectX that some video chipsets don't support.

If you have updated your video chipset to the latest drivers, and it doesn't work, you may have to get a standalone video card.

I remember this coming up on the old forums back when EMC 7 first came out. As I recall, that was one of the onboard video chips that doesn't support most of the functionality of directx (despite what directx diag reports) that the software requires. The only resolution that I remember was to install a directx9 compliant video card.

Archived