Trend Micro Conflict?

roadbuilder49

Question

EMC 8 and 8.05 does not appear to be compatible with Trend Micro Internet security. Is anyone else having this problem?

I can see the drives; but, after the initial disk EMC and explorer refuse to recognize a disk has been inserted.

I have reformatted my boot drive and installed from scratch and the problem is still there. XP Pro

5 answers to this question

EMC 8 and 8.05 does not appear to be compatible with Trend Micro Internet security. Is anyone else having this problem?

I can see the drives; but, after the initial disk EMC and explorer refuse to recognize a disk has been inserted.

I have reformatted my boot drive and installed from scratch and the problem is still there. XP Pro

I think this is what you need to fix the problem.

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/emc8/ee8000011.jhtml

I think this is what you need to fix the problem.

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/emc8/ee8000011.jhtml

Unfortunately, this link goes to the main support page.

I'm not sure why Roxio has not responded more responsibly. They've been very good in the past from what I've seen, and all of a sudden, ever since this new version (ergo Sonic), they've dropped the ball, still haven't responded to my email contact from over a week ago, and everybody's switching to Nero with great results.

I have an NEC ND-6550A slim DVD+RW drive in my Dell D610 laptop, and have had similar problems/conflicts with the Trend Micro. Trend does reply to my contacts, and is the #1 rated program for its category on more than a few reputable websites.

I'm switching my stuff over to Nero as well. This is clearly a sign of a company who either doesn't care to keep its customers, or is not competent enough to do so.

See Ya Roxi!

I'm not sure why Roxio has not responded more responsibly. They've been very good in the past from what I've seen, and all of a sudden, ever since this new version (ergo Sonic), they've dropped the ball, still haven't responded to my email contact from over a week ago, and everybody's switching to Nero with great results.

I have an NEC ND-6550A slim DVD+RW drive in my Dell D610 laptop, and have had similar problems/conflicts with the Trend Micro. Trend does reply to my contacts, and is the #1 rated program for its category on more than a few reputable websites.

I'm switching my stuff over to Nero as well. This is clearly a sign of a company who either doesn't care to keep its customers, or is not competent enough to do so.

See Ya Roxi!

Don't let the door.......

Guest ivanatrox

See Ya Roxi!

There is a topic pinned for this since Mar 13th and you are clicking on the link that was posted on Mar 4th.

post-5489-1154099580.jpg

I am also running Trend Micro Internet Security 2006 (which I am very happy with :huh: ). Ever since I installed a retail version of EMC 8 :) (updated to 8.05 via online patch) – often when I insert any optical disk in my HP DVD Writer 640b LightScribe dual-format DVD burner, Explorer.exe will hang on my HP Pavilion m7050e running a clean install of Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP2.

Archived