• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Reading Old Version of Burn Easy Creator Media CD

NiceBob7

:angry2: I use this software when it was another name. I save tons of stuff on CD and DVD. I purchased a new version of ECM 9 for my recent custom built PC. I wanted to transfer files and programs and install apps. Most of the Cd/DVD are not closed and open to add more data. It would not read any of my old CD/DVD. Even after adding updated and installing Uf reader. I uninstalled and put back my ECM v8 suite. Everything was fine. I had another custom built machine built and put ECM 9 on that after updating the software and add reader. It again would not read any of my Cd/DV burn with EMC 8. So I purchased another copy of EMC 8 and everything is fine. I now purchased a third custom built PC for my wife and again I put EMC 9 on it and again it would not read the older EMC 8 disks. All the machines are few months old with WinXP-SP2 and 2GB RAM large hard drives. Video card are all new. Sound card built into the board.

Does anyone in Roxio World could tell how to fix this. I don't want ot touch version 10 out. It possible will never read one of my old CD/DVD at all let along v9 CD. Annoying

Bob

:angry2: I use this software when it was another name. I save tons of stuff on CD and DVD. I purchased a new version of ECM 9 for my recent custom built PC. I wanted to transfer files and programs and install apps. Most of the Cd/DVD are not closed and open to add more data. It would not read any of my old CD/DVD. Even after adding updated and installing Uf reader. I uninstalled and put back my ECM v8 suite. Everything was fine. I had another custom built machine built and put ECM 9 on that after updating the software and add reader. It again would not read any of my Cd/DV burn with EMC 8. So I purchased another copy of EMC 8 and everything is fine. I now purchased a third custom built PC for my wife and again I put EMC 9 on it and again it would not read the older EMC 8 disks. All the machines are few months old with WinXP-SP2 and 2GB RAM large hard drives. Video card are all new. Sound card built into the board.

Does anyone in Roxio World could tell how to fix this. I don't want ot touch version 10 out. It possible will never read one of my old CD/DVD at all let along v9 CD. Annoying

Bob

While having EMC 8 on your computer, copy that data to your hard drive, open Creator Classic, and burn it to a disc. You wil never have a problem reading the data on any computer, like you do with discs burned using packet writing software.

Sounds like you used the Drag to Disc packet writing app in v8. That app changed in v9. You should be able to read those discs, just not write to them with v9 D2D. You'll need to follow the siggestion grandpabruce gave you.

BTW, D2D has been dropped from the product in EMC v10 (the latest version). So it looks like packet writing software is coming to the end of the road.

Packet-Writing has always been fussy at best (demanding the same Version of the program and Operating System as when it was written), and tended to fail for any reason or none at all. Using RW media instead of R media for Packet-Writing tends to accelerate both the fade-out of RW media and failure of Packet-Writing - the worst of both worlds.

Your best bet would be to follow GrandpaBruce's advice, and never format any more CDs. If you want a "great-big floppy-disc", get a Flash drive (aka Pen / Thumb / Keychain / Jump drive) or an External Hard Drive.

Lynn

Archived