• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I return Creator 9?

AndHeDrew

Question

I bought the Creator 9 Deluxe Suite a few months ago at BestBuy because I had to create a video presentation (converted from VHS) for my father-in-law's funeral a day later. I paid $150 because I needed it at short notice. I won't carry on with the hours spent trying to get the software running on my NEW DELL VISTA computer. It didn't work. Not at all. No promised video presentation for funeral.

I tried to take the Suite back to Best Buy but they refused to accept it because it is "opened software"... never mind that the Geek Squad assured me that it would work on a Vista computer. They told me that Roxio has been riding them about taking back opened software. They gave me Roxio's number.

I called Roxio. To put it briefly:

The Customer Service rep told me that I paid WAY too much for the software and that they could only take back software purchased from them online. They offered no solution whatsoever to my problem other than "install tricks", all of which I'd already tried. It simply doesn't work. None of the features. If even one promised feature doesn't work they should be returning my money. None of it works and I'm getting the runaround.

I dumped any feature associated with Roxio on my computer and want my money back. For months I have been trying to no avail. Has anyone been able to get a refund?

By the way... I also used to get about 3 solicitations a week for purchase of this software from Roxio. Since I complained I've received NOTHING in my email. For the amount of time I've spent trying to get this to run on my computer - and the amount of time (approx 3.5 hours) I've spent in Best Buy waiting for the Geek Squad to try to load this software onto 2 different laptops (1st didn't work so they tried a second which didn't work either) I think I should be paid double my money back.

17 answers to this question

Your best bet is to contact your credit card company and put in a dispute against Best Buy. If you didn't pay by credit card, you are probably out of luck.

Incidentally, I have never had Best Buy refuse me a valid return . . so something doesn't sound right here.

Best Buy Policy

Opened computer software, movies, music and video games

If the original item is opened and is damaged or defective, or if an incorrect item was shipped, you may receive credit for these items. Please see details below

He stated he made the purchase with a Debit Card.

But you are correct his beef is really with his procrastination and Best Buy. He wants to shift it Roxio because he won't admit his culpability and Best Buy must not be too impressed with his case either…

Sounds to me like a pretty cheap life lesson, I have paid far far more. Still waiting for my $150, 1200 baud modem to be returned from the manufacture who went out of business…

Thanks all. The reason I've had it for a "few months" is because I became extremely fed up with dealing with it and put it aside until I was ready again. I just came accrossed it in my closet and became upset again all over. I used a debit card to pay for it and am unable to dispute the charge as the money came directly from my bank account. I think I'm going to visit Best Buy and demand a credit at minimum.

I was kinda hoping that, if I'm going to have to eat the cost, a miracle patch would come through that would allow me to try installing this again. But since there is a new version out now I doubt if this version is ever really going to receive the attention it needs to work on Vista from Roxio.

It's nice to see that I mention a competing product and my post gets pulled.

It just proves that this is a company that I DON'T want to deal with!!

Posts get pulled for being abusive or argumentative - not for mentioning competitors

Anyway - if you don't want to deal with anything Roxio - then what are you doing here?

I don't think that endorsing a product that works is abusive or argumentative!

My only other comment was that Roxio is a company that has turned its back on its users and therefore I would not be using their products anymore!

Abusive? Argumentative? The truth!!

Thanks all. The reason I've had it for a "few months" is because I became extremely fed up with dealing with it and put it aside until I was ready again. I just came accrossed it in my closet and became upset again all over. I used a debit card to pay for it and am unable to dispute the charge as the money came directly from my bank account. I think I'm going to visit Best Buy and demand a credit at minimum.

I was kinda hoping that, if I'm going to have to eat the cost, a miracle patch would come through that would allow me to try installing this again. But since there is a new version out now I doubt if this version is ever really going to receive the attention it needs to work on Vista from Roxio.

Posts get pulled for being abusive or argumentative - not for mentioning competitors

Anyway - if you don't want to deal with anything Roxio - then what are you doing here?

Checking to see if they will ofter another fix so we can use the product we paid for. What are you doing here? Besides, this is not really dealing with roxio... I mean, it is not like they post any help at all. This is a user forum. Ho humm... I dont think they are going to post anything about a failed patch. So my trips to this site will reduce.

Thanks I am having the same proplem. I see that the establishment failed to give you an answer. I am buying nero.

Please let me know your experience with Nero when you try to return a store bought copy from BestBuy to them directly a few months after your purchase. If they just refund you without asking you going through the hoops, I'll be switching.

I bought the Creator 9 Deluxe Suite a few months ago at BestBuy because I had to create a video presentation (converted from VHS) for my father-in-law's funeral a day later. I paid $150 because I needed it at short notice. I won't carry on with the hours spent trying to get the software running on my NEW DELL VISTA computer. It didn't work. Not at all. No promised video presentation for funeral.

I tried to take the Suite back to Best Buy but they refused to accept it because it is "opened software"... never mind that the Geek Squad assured me that it would work on a Vista computer. They told me that Roxio has been riding them about taking back opened software. They gave me Roxio's number.

I called Roxio. To put it briefly:

The Customer Service rep told me that I paid WAY too much for the software and that they could only take back software purchased from them online. They offered no solution whatsoever to my problem other than "install tricks", all of which I'd already tried. It simply doesn't work. None of the features. If even one promised feature doesn't work they should be returning my money. None of it works and I'm getting the runaround.

I dumped any feature associated with Roxio on my computer and want my money back. For months I have been trying to no avail. Has anyone been able to get a refund?

By the way... I also used to get about 3 solicitations a week for purchase of this software from Roxio. Since I complained I've received NOTHING in my email. For the amount of time I've spent trying to get this to run on my computer - and the amount of time (approx 3.5 hours) I've spent in Best Buy waiting for the Geek Squad to try to load this software onto 2 different laptops (1st didn't work so they tried a second which didn't work either) I think I should be paid double my money back.

You're talking to a users forum, not Roxio Customer Service.

Thanks Bruce... but I'm fully aware of where I am. I'm asking the USERS whether THEY know of a way to bypass CS and return this software. It is obvious that CS is not going to give me the answer I need so I'm looking for help from those who have been in my position.

I don't know of any other way. Maybe someone, who has had your problem, will drop in and let you know what they did, if anything.

Your best bet is to contact your credit card company and put in a dispute against Best Buy. If you didn't pay by credit card, you are probably out of luck.

Incidentally, I have never had Best Buy refuse me a valid return . . so something doesn't sound right here.

Best Buy Policy

Opened computer software, movies, music and video games

If the original item is opened and is damaged or defective, or if an incorrect item was shipped, you may receive credit for these items. Please see details below

You have no issue with Roxio, you didn't buy your software from them!

You problem is with Best Buy and there is nothing anyone can do you.

You could try the BBB but in this case, I doubt they will see it your way…

Edit: I did get a store credit from Circuit City once on software but it took a lot of persuasion and my position was much stronger – it wouldn't run on my OS. (my fault)

If you used your credit card to buy the product, you can charge it back basicly stateing "not as described" Which is true. The processer will take the money from best buy's account until they come to a choice. However, the consumer for the most part has the upper hand in these situations.

You should check to see if your still in the time frame to charge the product back.

PKing

If you used your credit card to buy the product, you can charge it back basicly stateing "not as described" Which is true. The processer will take the money from best buy's account until they come to a choice. However, the consumer for the most part has the upper hand in these situations.

You should check to see if your still in the time frame to charge the product back.

PKing

I would think that after "a few months ago" there will be no refund or charge back.

Archived