• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Music Dvd Creation

pbartek

Question

I'm thinking of upgrading to EMC 8 specifically for the DVD Music feature but I can't find an answer to this question: Will all wav files be converted to AC3 Dolby Digital or can I specify 48 kHz PCM files instead?

Also, older versions of Roxio did not "play nice" with other audio burning programs. Does anyone know if you can install Roxio and Nero on the same PC?

TIA for any help.

Paul

4 answers to this question

This is from the help files:

NOTE: Depending on the software version you are running, some of the features described below may not be available. For information about upgrading to take full advantage of all the features described in the online Help, visit www.roxio.com.

<H2 class=pNewHTMLPage>Copy Tracks from Audio CD - Options </H2>This dialog lets you specify setting for copying tracks from an Audio CD.

• Copy To: Click Browse to select a location for the file.
  • File Type: Select from the following audio encoder formats for the file:

[*]Compression Settings: Select the Compression Setting (These options will vary based on the selected encoder):

• Constant Bit Rate / Variable Bit Rate: This setting is available with some audio encoders. Variable Bit Rate (VBR) can produce a better sounding audio file than a Constant Bit Rate recording because VBR lets the encoder adjust the bit rate when necessary—increasing it for complex audio and reducing it for simpler audio.
    • Size vs. Quality (bit rate/compression): This option, available with audio encoders that use compression, lets you set the bit rate for the audio file. Depending on your personal preference, use the slider to choose a bit rate based on your desire for smaller file sizes, better quality, or an acceptable compromise between the two.

[*]File Naming Structure: Select how you want the file named using the information currently displayed in the Source area. The extension (for example .mp3) for the selected File Type is added to the file name.<A name=wp879412>

[*]Don’t show these options every time: Select this if you do not want this dialog displayed each time you copy tracks from an Audio CD.

Please note the disclaimer at the top of the page. If it allows pcm then it should allow you to change the size/bit rate.

Nero and Roxio can be installed on the same computer as long as there is only one packet writing program. Roxio's is Drag to Disc.

I'm thinking of upgrading to EMC 8 specifically for the DVD Music feature but I can't find an answer to this question: Will all wav files be converted to AC3 Dolby Digital or can I specify 48 kHz PCM files instead?

Also, older versions of Roxio did not "play nice" with other audio burning programs. Does anyone know if you can install Roxio and Nero on the same PC?

TIA for any help.

Paul

This is from the help files:

NOTE: Depending on the software version you are running, some of the features described below may not be available. For information about upgrading to take full advantage of all the features described in the online Help, visit www.roxio.com.

<H2 class=pNewHTMLPage>Copy Tracks from Audio CD - Options </H2>This dialog lets you specify setting for copying tracks from an Audio CD.

• Copy To: Click Browse to select a location for the file.
  • File Type: Select from the following audio encoder formats for the file:

[*]Compression Settings: Select the Compression Setting (These options will vary based on the selected encoder):

• Constant Bit Rate / Variable Bit Rate: This setting is available with some audio encoders. Variable Bit Rate (VBR) can produce a better sounding audio file than a Constant Bit Rate recording because VBR lets the encoder adjust the bit rate when necessary—increasing it for complex audio and reducing it for simpler audio.
    • Size vs. Quality (bit rate/compression): This option, available with audio encoders that use compression, lets you set the bit rate for the audio file. Depending on your personal preference, use the slider to choose a bit rate based on your desire for smaller file sizes, better quality, or an acceptable compromise between the two.

[*]File Naming Structure: Select how you want the file named using the information currently displayed in the Source area. The extension (for example .mp3) for the selected File Type is added to the file name.<A name=wp879412>

[*]Don’t show these options every time: Select this if you do not want this dialog displayed each time you copy tracks from an Audio CD.

Please note the disclaimer at the top of the page. If it allows pcm then it should allow you to change the size/bit rate.

Nero and Roxio can be installed on the same computer as long as there is only one packet writing program. Roxio's is Drag to Disc.

Thanks for the reply. I have Nero's InCD disabled and would disable Roxio's Drag to Disc as well so that is encouraging. The help section you quoted doesn't seem to apply to my situation since I'm not interested in ripping or burning audio cds and I don't want to use Roxio as a music converter/encoder.

I just want to make Music DVDs of 16-bit 48 kHz wav files so I can play long concerts on one disc in uncompressed PCM format and not in AC3 compressed formats.

Thanks again for the info.

Paul

I have successfully made DVD Music Discs in all 3 formats,AC3,MPEG and PCM.The PCM definately uses the most room since it is an uncompressed format.Any way you go the discs turn out well.One thing to do is to use Music Disc Creator and not DVD Music Assistant.It seems to work better and you have more control over the options and settings.

Thanks for the info (and the tip about Music Disc Creator), Terry. I look forward to putting a three or four-CD concert onto one DVD!

Paul

I have successfully made DVD Music Discs in all 3 formats,AC3,MPEG and PCM.The PCM definately uses the most room since it is an uncompressed format.Any way you go the discs turn out well.One thing to do is to use Music Disc Creator and not DVD Music Assistant.It seems to work better and you have more control over the options and settings.

Archived