Question

5 answers to this question

How can I change my e-mail? I've gone to help and it says that I can change my e-mail at anytime if I go to MY CONTROLS, but the thing is that when I go to My Controls, I do not see an option where I can change my e-mail?

The procedure must be TOP SECRET (or really hard to find). I spent half an hour trying to change my addy last week and came up with nothin' :)

The help files say there are 2 headings "Change E-mail and Change password" that don't actually show up under My Controls.Why I'm not sure.Have you tried going to My Roxio and changing it that way?If you go there and go to update my profile then you can change it.

Edited by tbrewst

The help files say there are 2 headings "Change E-mail and Change password" that don't actually show up under My Controls.Why I'm not sure.Have you tried going to My Roxio and changing it that way?If you go there and go to update my profile then you can change it.

I have had exactly the same problem having chaged my ISP. Changing profile in Roxio does not alter your e-mail address under My Controls. It can only be done by "Patrick" but it is virtually impossible to contact him as I get the error message that his messenger is switched off or his In box is full. I hope you have better luck than me. Regards fishing frank

I don't have an answer to this dilemma but I want to guess at why it needs to be changed by someone from Roxio (usually but not always Patrick.) There are some posters that post obscene or personal derogatory messages. These posters are warned and then perhaps banned as a last resort. If members could change their names on the board, they would be able to circumvent this form of protection and they could flood the board with obscene or personal derogative messages under any name they can choose. It is unfortunate but the few how do this make it difficult for the rest of us. (If you traveled lately you know that one person led to all of us taking off out shoes at security). As you can guess, the owner of the board is not a full time position. The Roxio people are busy making the program better for all of us. Be patient.

I have had exactly the same problem having chaged my ISP. Changing profile in Roxio does not alter your e-mail address under My Controls. It can only be done by "Patrick" but it is virtually impossible to contact him as I get the error message that his messenger is switched off or his In box is full. I hope you have better luck than me. Regards fishing frank

It's actually a lot more simple than that.

Changes made in "my Roxio" are supposed to carry over to the forum boards, but that got broken when the forum changed addresses.

Patrick has been trying very hard to get this fixed, but since the person(s) responsible don't work for him this hasn't been achieved yet. We remind him regularly, and he is just as frustrated by this as you and we are.