• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Content Cd Wants A Reboot After Emc8 Install

dforresty@hotmail.com

Question

(see topic)

So....no problem under normal circumstances. Reboot is pretty standard for some software installations.

However, after the reboot, when I try to run the content cd installation again, I get the message that I need to reboot after EMC 8 installation.

I just did that.

Ah well, I reboot again.............and the content CD still won't install, telling me I need a reboot after the EMC 8 installation........

Not entirely sure, but I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Anyway, after uninstall/reinstall of EMC 8, I continue to get the same message, and the content CD fails to install.

Windows 2000 SP4, clean install and fully updated.

---

So I give up, uninstall EMC8 from that computer and start the install on my secondary computer.

EMC 8 installs just fine, I reboot, and try to install the content CD. Guess what?

So I reboot a few more times, trying the content CD install after each reboot. No go.

Windows 2000 SP4, clean and updated here too.

---

I wipe my primary machine, and drop my Windows XP SP2 image on it (clean and updated).

EMC 8 installs w/out problems, reboot, content CD installs w/out problems, yay!

so......Why?

Any suggestions appreciated. I HATE Windows XP.

Also....anybody have any idea on how to change my forum name? I'm not having any luck, and I don't really care to have my email address visible for all to see.

4 answers to this question

Before trying to install the content disc, open up one of the apps, like disc copier, creator classic, MYdvd. Close the app, then try to install the content disc.

Thanks, you two. I found a way to change my login name, but now it won't let me back on the forum using that name. So I created another account, using a different email address.

lbissonette, that worked. Thanks for the help.

Thanks, you two. I found a way to change my login name, but now it won't let me back on the forum using that name. So I created another account, using a different email address.

lbissonette, that worked. Thanks for the help.

They are still having some problems with synching up the id's in myRoxio and the new forum software. They're supposed to have it fixed sometime soon. At least you have a workaround for that for now.

Glad to hear that worked for you and you got the content installed. :) Have fun with the software.

(see topic)

So....no problem under normal circumstances. Reboot is pretty standard for some software installations.

However, after the reboot, when I try to run the content cd installation again, I get the message that I need to reboot after EMC 8 installation.

I just did that.

Ah well, I reboot again.............and the content CD still won't install, telling me I need a reboot after the EMC 8 installation........

Not entirely sure, but I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Anyway, after uninstall/reinstall of EMC 8, I continue to get the same message, and the content CD fails to install.

Windows 2000 SP4, clean install and fully updated.

---

So I give up, uninstall EMC8 from that computer and start the install on my secondary computer.

EMC 8 installs just fine, I reboot, and try to install the content CD. Guess what?

So I reboot a few more times, trying the content CD install after each reboot. No go.

Windows 2000 SP4, clean and updated here too.

---

I wipe my primary machine, and drop my Windows XP SP2 image on it (clean and updated).

EMC 8 installs w/out problems, reboot, content CD installs w/out problems, yay!

so......Why?

Any suggestions appreciated. I HATE Windows XP.

Also....anybody have any idea on how to change my forum name? I'm not having any luck, and I don't really care to have my email address visible for all to see.

You have to contact Roxio to get your name changed. Maybe Patrick will see your post and have it done.

Archived