• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need Help Resolving Video Capture Error

ps76020@direcway.com

Question

I am receiving EMC8 Roxio Media Import error: Operation BUILD on CaptureManager failed - (Failed to build capture graph.) when I hit the Capture key to capture VCR analog input on video capture card. Preview shows the video ok - but get error when I try to capture it. Same error when I try to capture tv off tunner??

I am running HP MCE 7330 AMD Dual 64 4200 w/2G Ram, ATI XL300 Video Card, Haupauge WINTV PVR (150) video capture card,.

I have tried both hardware and software options under EMC8 ,removed all start up programs, and even stopped the Microsoft Media Center program... still getting the same error.

Any help to correct this error will be appreciated -- I have tried the support chat and sent emails but no solutions from Roxio.

4 answers to this question

I am receiving EMC8 Roxio Media Import error: Operation BUILD on CaptureManager failed - (Failed to build capture graph.) when I hit the Capture key to capture VCR analog input on video capture card. Preview shows the video ok - but get error when I try to capture it. Same error when I try to capture tv off tunner??

I am running HP MCE 7330 AMD Dual 64 4200 w/2G Ram, ATI XL300 Video Card, Haupauge WINTV PVR (150) video capture card,.

I have tried both hardware and software options under EMC8 ,removed all start up programs, and even stopped the Microsoft Media Center program... still getting the same error.

Any help to correct this error will be appreciated -- I have tried the support chat and sent emails but no solutions from Roxio.

I get the same error message, and roxxanne is a dead end including the link to 'which cards are supported'. In addition, the 'Quality" dialog box is empty, with NO options. Doesn't that box need to be defined before 'Capture"?

This has more to do with the capture device. Not your video card. I thought the Hauppauge cards were supported.

Not yet. They were going to be I thought, but they never did, even during beta testing.

I just use either the WinTV software that comes with the card, or GB-PVR for recording from it, then use the resulting files in EMC8. That works fine for me.

Archived