• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ECM10 starts but does little else

ssdyno

Question

I bought the EMC10 today from compusa and followed the install instructions. My machine came with sonic mydvd7plus . the EMC10 does not recognise any of my current files that have video or photos inside. Any program that is opened in EMC10 gives me a message that wants to close and send microsoft a notice. lol I have used the book that came with it and ask roxanne without success. Ive called three phone numbers listed in the book and web site and one of them told me there was no support available two were we are closed. I do have a service ticket now. I dont believe that this program is as easy to use as advertised. After looking at all the posts in this forum, I am going to return the software to the retailer and look for something else. I would like to say that as the customer service director for a corp. that Roxio is trying to support the product. Thanks and Good Luck....Sam

3 answers to this question

I bought the EMC10 today from compusa and followed the install instructions. My machine came with sonic mydvd7plus . the EMC10 does not recognise any of my current files that have video or photos inside. Any program that is opened in EMC10 gives me a message that wants to close and send microsoft a notice. lol I have used the book that came with it and ask roxanne without success. Ive called three phone numbers listed in the book and web site and one of them told me there was no support available two were we are closed. I do have a service ticket now. I dont believe that this program is as easy to use as advertised. After looking at all the posts in this forum, I am going to return the software to the retailer and look for something else. I would like to say that as the customer service director for a corp. that Roxio is trying to support the product. Thanks and Good Luck....Sam

What program in the suite did you use? I don't make assumptions. What file extensions do the video and photo files have?

What program in the suite did you use? I don't make assumptions. What file extensions do the video and photo files have?

Thanks for the reply. I tried the video wave and the direct to dvd and the cinema and the photo program. Upon trying to create project or make slide show, the message I would get was "no media files present in the folder" . Then a message would come up that read videowave needs to close, an error report will be sent to microsoft. I would have to click send or cancel to continue. ECM 10 would then close. This happened on any function (with the funtion that was in use mentioned in the error report) I was trying to use. Do you suppose microsoft will be concerned with the 30 or so error reports I sent them???(ha ha) I even tried a re-install. The file types that I have are mpeg2 for video and jpg for stills. I have windows XP Media Center. The mpegs and jpgs were on the list of usable files in the instruction book.( which I am Very familiar with now) Anyway, after four hours of no progress, the software is back at compusa and my account credited. I removed the ECM 10 from my computer, did a system restore and the orignal sonic "MyDVD7plus" works fine again. The ECM 10 reads like it should do some cool stuff. I learned of ECM10 by searching for updates in the My DVD7 and Roxio web site. I sent a message to the customer service requesting that they unregister the serial number of the software. I do Thank You for the attention and your time, Grandpa Bruce. Sincerly, Sam

Thanks for the reply. I tried the video wave and the direct to dvd and the cinema and the photo program. Upon trying to create project or make slide show, the message I would get was "no media files present in the folder" . Then a message would come up that read videowave needs to close, an error report will be sent to microsoft. I would have to click send or cancel to continue. ECM 10 would then close. This happened on any function (with the funtion that was in use mentioned in the error report) I was trying to use. Do you suppose microsoft will be concerned with the 30 or so error reports I sent them???(ha ha) I even tried a re-install. The file types that I have are mpeg2 for video and jpg for stills. I have windows XP Media Center. The mpegs and jpgs were on the list of usable files in the instruction book.( which I am Very familiar with now) Anyway, after four hours of no progress, the software is back at compusa and my account credited. I removed the ECM 10 from my computer, did a system restore and the orignal sonic "MyDVD7plus" works fine again. The ECM 10 reads like it should do some cool stuff. I learned of ECM10 by searching for updates in the My DVD7 and Roxio web site. I sent a message to the customer service requesting that they unregister the serial number of the software. I do Thank You for the attention and your time, Grandpa Bruce. Sincerly, Sam

I am sorry it didn't work for you, Sam. I use .mpeg2 files and .jpg files, in EMC 10 quite a bit. There had to be some conflict causing a problem where you couldn't add them to VideoWave.

Archived