• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I have to make a DVD for plasma screen (widescreen?)

othon

Question

Hi all. I am new here and I have this question.

I have to develop a flash presentation for a customer and they asked me they want it in dvd format for display in a trade show in a plasma monitor. I have now just the free standard version of roxio that came with my pc.

1) What do I need to produce the final dvd for my customer (what software)

2) I can make my flash any size that fits the needs for the (1) software above.

Any suggestion or direction is very welcome and needed.

Best regards and thanks for your time,

Othon

6 answers to this question

Regarding the flash, of course, I haqve to convert it to a video format first. This is normal in flash.
I didn't want to 'assume' anything. LOL But would be logical if the project started out as video first and was then converted to flash. If the original was MPEG 2 16:9, you should have no problem using that file to create a widescreen DVD using MyDVD 10.

What about the DVD menus in MyDVD 10? One of the problems that I have had with other software is that they would allow widescreen video but the DVD menus would be square.

Does MyDVD 10 have widescreen menus and allow you to customize them?

I have to develop a flash presentation for a customer and they asked me they want it in dvd format for display in a trade show in a plasma monitor. I have now just the free standard version of roxio that came with my pc.

Othon

I wondered about windscreen as well. I have downloaded the 30 day trial version of Easy Media Creator 9 and this has a widescren option built in.

Othon

As far as I know, none of the software in EMC 10 will accept a flash video. If you convert it to standard MPEG 2 @3Mbps or higher, then MyDVD 10 should be able to create a video DVD with that file. MyDVD 10 creates true anamorphic 16:9 video - meaning the 'black bars' is not encoded into the video.

Archived