AngelArs

Right click menu 'Toast it' ?

Question

Now that we've got Popcorn 3 up and running we have a new addition to our right click menu that says 'Toast it'. When we click on it - it does nothing. We tried looking for what it was for in the help menu but there is no mention of it. Our guess is it has something to do with the program Toast, but what is it supposed to be used for? :unsure:

5 answers to this question

Those silly Roxio folks should have left that out of the Popcorn set up. You can find it in your User>Library>Contextual Items folder. Go ahead and delete it. What it does is automatically launch Toast when you want to burn something by control-clicking on it in the Finder.

Toast it and Mount it are the same component. Mount It is included with Popcorn so that one can mount images in the Finder. Toast It can't be separated and therefore also shows. If you don't want Mount It, you can remove the component.

Edited by freshburn

Toast it and Mount it are the same component. Mount is is included with Popcorn so that one can mount images in the Finder. Toast It can be separated and is therefore also shows. If you don't want Mount It, you can remove the component.

Thanks freshburn, I wasn't aware they were the same component. I find the Mount It contextual menu is very useful for mounting disc images created with Popcorn or other apps and I recommend keeping it.

We're relatively new to all this. How would we hypothetically use this feature? Click on the image and then choose 'Toast it'?

Does this do the same thing as Disc Utility > File > Mount? :unsure:

We're relatively new to all this. How would we hypothetically use this feature? Click on the image and then choose 'Toast it'?

Does this do the same thing as Disc Utility > File > Mount? :unsure:

You should see a separate contextual menu item titled "Mount It." Ignore "Toast It" because that requires Toast. I find that Mount It is better for mounting CD and DVD disc image files than using Disc Utility's Mount. When Mount it mounts a video DVD disc Image your Mac will respond just as if you had inserted a disc. In other words, DVD Player will automatically launch if your CDs and DVDs System Preference is in its default mode.

You can use Mount It for any disc image file, not just those created by Popcorn or that are only for CDs or DVDs.