Audio Mismatch In Storyline Vs. Timeline

Hello:

I hope I've found the right place for my question. I am creating now the movie of my life after visiting Egypt as a tourist. When I loaded videoclips from my DV capture device into the Storyline, at first everything seemed to be allright. Then I saved the Project, and next day after running it I've found out that the preview of all clips was disabled: I was only able to check them in the Edit mode.

Then I turned into Timeline view and while clicking on each fragment of movie I was shocked discovering that the native audio tracks did not coincide with the frames of the videoclips themselves! I have returned to the Storyline and checked again - in the Edit mode audio was still in line with the video. Then - back to the Timeline, and again - same annoyance: people open their mouths, and their speach comes with 1-2 second lag.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello:

I hope I've found the right place for my question. I am creating now the movie of my life after visiting Egypt as a tourist. When I loaded videoclips from my DV capture device into the Storyline, at first everything seemed to be allright. Then I saved the Project, and next day after running it I've found out that the preview of all clips was disabled: I was only able to check them in the Edit mode.

Then I turned into Timeline view and while clicking on each fragment of movie I was shocked discovering that the native audio tracks did not coincide with the frames of the videoclips themselves! I have returned to the Storyline and checked again - in the Edit mode audio was still in line with the video. Then - back to the Timeline, and again - same annoyance: people open their mouths, and their speach comes with 1-2 second lag.

PLEASE HELP!!!

OK, here's more detail of my investigation. I beleive it was the StoryBuilder which screwed the videoclip's native audio. Since the native audio is "weilded" with the native video track, I have no idea how to insert the necessary 2 secons' silence track, or, vise versa, cut part of video without trunkating the audio track.

Here's my story. I first created my production from original video clips' sequence, then arranged them with help of StoryBuilder . In the end I decided to add another section to my movie (another array of videoclips), for which purpose I inserted them before the ending portion of the StoryBuilder's animation track. I believe the whole trouble with the native audio began after that. I just checked the entire captured movie, and the underlying audio lies perfectly in line with the video. However, once my Roxio production is opened, audio shift remains. Any ideas?

Guest mlpasley
OK, here's more detail of my investigation. I beleive it was the StoryBuilder ™ which screwed the videoclip's native audio. Since the native audio is "weilded" with the native video track, I have no idea how to insert the necessary 2 secons' silence track, or, vise versa, cut part of video without trunkating the audio track.

Here's my story. I first created my production from original video clips' sequence, then arranged them with help of StoryBuilder ™. In the end I decided to add another section to my movie (another array of videoclips), for which purpose I inserted them before the ending portion of the StoryBuilder's animation track. I believe the whole trouble with the native audio began after that. I just checked the entire captured movie, and the underlying audio lies perfectly in line with the video. However, once my Roxio production is opened, audio shift remains. Any ideas?

Have you tried to burn the production to a DVD/CD? Sometimes it's just a playback problem on the computer.

Have you tried to burn the production to a DVD/CD? Sometimes it's just a playback problem on the computer.

Yes, indeed, it was just a playback problem. So I'm happy with the result. By the way, in the final screen, there is a possibility to check the final video before burning a DVD, which shows true picture of what's going to be burned.

Archived