Roxio Video Copy & Convert

rbelknap

Question

I created a DVD using Roxio Video Copy & Convert from several clips of video I recorded. I used the set begining and set end options to edit out the parts I did not want. When I try and burn it to dvd it stops working. No error messages just sits there for days at a time. When I tried to burn it to a file it stops a 8% for days at a time. Still no error.

10 answers to this question

There is absolutely nothing in the software that touches the Windows drivers for any Burner, nor has there ever been anything

So why does it not work when going back EMC9

EMC9 worked fine before upgrading to EMC10

That error also indicates a problem with media. Since the media is common to all that is and area to look into. (EULA provides for one software, one PC! It is not a blank check)

Same media use we buy them by the 1000 and yes we have all the EULA needed and no I don’t have to justify it to you

Since you reformated your drive, you probably failed to install the chipset drivers needed to make the burner work. It work as a CD/DVD-ROM without them but not as a Burner.

Nope all drivers are up to date the only reason I re-format all my hard drives is as you know new computers are full of 30 day software which is all rubbish. I have been in IT for the last 15 years so I know how to setup a computer. Roxio launched EMC9 which was advertised as supporting vista but it had bugs and needed a patch to run.

Also I have provided Beta testing to roxio in the past and found a bug they had not found themselves in relation to udf drivers and saving Microsoft office to a cd/templates to dvd or cd

Puddy

Nope all drivers are up to date the only reason I re-format all my hard drives is as you know new computers are full of 30 day software which is all rubbish. I have been in IT for the last 15 years so I know how to setup a computer. Roxio launched EMC9 which was advertised as supporting vista but it had bugs and needed a patch to run.

Also I have provided Beta testing to roxio in the past and found a bug they had not found themselves in relation to udf drivers and saving Microsoft office to a cd/templates to dvd or cd

It was Vista compatible until MS changed Vista after the "Final RC" was issued.

With all of that experience, then you know your statement about making changes to the Burners Firmware is pure rubbish!

It was Vista compatible until MS changed Vista after the "Final RC" was issued.

With all of that experience, then you know your statement about making changes to the Burners Firmware is pure rubbish!

so why will a computer that had version 9 installed and working will not work after installing EMC10 yet when I put a brand new dvd drive in start working again under emc9?

It must have something from roxio that gives the error to the dvd drive, before you say its rubbish give it a try!

Puddy

I don’t see where others have experanced this…

If you can duplicate on 3 PCs but others cannot, it must be something in the way you set them up!

This is totally irrelivant to this thread. If you are having a problem, start your own thread on this.

See post 1 it was relivant thats why I replied and you gave a reply as "update your drivers" I replied by saying I had done that!!!!

Any other idea's?

Puddy

Where did you get the updated drivers? The ones that came with the laptop, the laptop maker's website or from ATI/nVidia - believe me, it does make a big difference.

Also, what is your graphics chipset in the laptop? Some just aren't good enough to work with EMC 10

so why will a computer that had version 9 installed and working will not work after installing EMC10 yet when I put a brand new dvd drive in start working again under emc9?

It must have something from roxio that gives the error to the dvd drive, before you say its rubbish give it a try!

Puddy

I don’t see where others have experanced this…

If you can duplicate on 3 PCs but others cannot, it must be something in the way you set them up!

This is totally irrelivant to this thread. If you are having a problem, start your own thread on this.

For starters, try updating your video card drivers (from the maker, like Nvidia and ATI for example) and directx.

I have the same issue on my new laptop and my old laptop and my desktop but I get this error "unspecified error 0x80004005" on all 3 when trying to burn an unprotected DVD

I did have version EMC9 on my old laptop and it worked fine then tried updating it to emc10 and got the error above. When back to emc 9 and it now gives me the same error.

Roxio must make some changes to the firmware on the DVD drive

I am using all the bang up to date drivers and my laptop is brand new. I deleted all the hard drive contents re-formated the drive and have done a clean install on all my programs

Puddy

dell 1501 laptop

amd 64x2 mobile chip

socket S1 motherboard

120 gb sata 2 hard drive

2gb ddr2 ram

PBDS dvd driver

Vista ultimate 32bit

There is absolutely nothing in the software that touches the Windows drivers for any Burner, nor has there ever been anything…

That error also indicates a problem with media. Since the media is common to all that is and area to look into. (EULA provides for one software, one PC! It is not a blank check)

Since you reformated your drive, you probably failed to install the chipset drivers needed to make the burner work. It work as a CD/DVD-ROM without them but not as a Burner.

Where did you get the updated drivers? The ones that came with the laptop, the laptop maker's website or from ATI/nVidia - believe me, it does make a big difference.

Also, what is your graphics chipset in the laptop? Some just aren't good enough to work with EMC 10

I never use dell drivers supplied they are so out of date as you know. I got all my amd drivers from amd and all video drivers from amd too.

I always wipe all hard drives on all of my compaines computers to get rid of all 30 day software i.e anti-virus broadband deals etc etc. I like them to be cleaned installed by me so I know what software on the drive is software I want and what my company need.

Upgrading my laptop to 2gb ram solved the problem and I can now copy and burn. Got 2X1gb ddr2 sims for £34

Puddy

Archived