• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 8 Using Resources

sinecure99

Question

:) Two .exe programs RoxWatch and RoxMediaDB start on their own and use huge amounts of computer resources forcing a near halt to my work. They make my ZoneAlarm little thing show activity. What are these for and can I disable them? I have a downloaded registered version of EasyCD 8.03.968 and 2 gig of RAM with a Pent 4 so find that I am rarely low on resources otherwise.

I posted a ticket for this on Jan 1 but no response at all to date so I hope someone here can help me.

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

these are part of the digital media management component. try reinstalling without any "media" programs. or try editing your startup programs to omit these files from starting. Roxio just doesn't get that people HATE bloated CRAP! I'm wondering if we will ever be able to install ONLY the things we want. It's very annoying taking up 300 megabytes of drive space when one only wants drag to disc, creator classic, and divx to dvd.

these are part of the digital media management component. try reinstalling without any "media" programs. or try editing your startup programs to omit these files from starting. Roxio just doesn't get that people HATE bloated CRAP! I'm wondering if we will ever be able to install ONLY the things we want. It's very annoying taking up 300 megabytes of drive space when one only wants drag to disc, creator classic, and divx to dvd.

Trust me, I get it. :)

Unfortunately they do get installed however you can disable them after the fact.

Tednor: Right click on the 'media manager services' icon in your system tray (bottom right hand corner of screen near the clock) and choose to stop watching files, and then right click again and choose to not show this again)

Archived