FranDiVideo

Change Buttons

Question

HELP HELP HELP

Well people here's a good one. I'm an experienced Video Editor and am beside myself here. Using MyDVD 9.

I have two computers side by side that I use in my work. Both have MyDVD 9 installed. On one computer that I use to make my menus and burn my DVDs I had a button selection called Brook Text. I totally reloaded the computer using recovery because there were menu problems during playback on the Tabletop player. That did not solve my problem unfortunately. (will not show animated or still buttons on tabletop with more than 6 buttons total betwenn 3 menus) You can see that question under menu problems in this forum. On Fri I bought a high powered video card and upgraded the P/S. No difference.

Anyway since I reloaded, the Brook Text button no longer exists for selection. I load MyDVD9 every which way including finding my menu using explorer click on it and let it load MyDVD. Nothing let's me see the Brook Text button selection.

Here's the kicker, The button selection exists on the other computer.

What am I missing here? I reloaded the program 3 times, same problem.

Seems like this version (9) has a lot of quirks. I don't have time for this.

Can anyone tell me in the programming files where the buttons exist? Maybe I can copy the file to the other computer, I'm networked.

An other question is: Is there a way to obtain other button choices?

Thanks

Frank

Edited by frank compoccio

6 answers to this question

Well guys I solved the button problem for the most part. I found out were the button files are loctaed in the programming and copied them from the program on one computer where they worked to the other computer now I have the buttons i want. BUT, I don't see the images in the button selection menu a circle with a line. But I knew what I wanted by their title.

Why don't i see the the images in the selection menu?

Guess you can't have everything!!!

Does anyone know if I can create my own buttons????

Why am I still limited to have the 6 button images in total for 3 menus? 1 Main and two subs. Shouldn't I be able to have 6 image buttons each menu? I guess for now i'll have to settle for text buttons when I exceed 6 buttons.

The red circle with slash instead of the button previews was an error that showed up when a user had EMC 9 and EMC 8 installed on the same machine. If you do, you will have to uninstall both. Clean the registry and only reinstall EMC 9.

MyDVD 9 uses predesigned templates or 'styles'. You might be able to force more buttons on a page, but most likely would cause navigation problems during playback. Each 'style' is predesigned with button styles and the number of buttons on each page. You can mix up the buttons with different background styles by using the View/Settings option. But change how many buttons are on a page usually messes things up.

If you need more control over buttons/Navigation or would like to create your own buttons, Sonic's DVDit pro can do all that.

Edited by ggrussell

Thanks for the input but here is the basic question:

I can't seem to have more than 6 thumbnail buttons totally in a project. ie: 3 0n a main menu, 3 on one submenu and 3 on another submenu, total of 9.

tech support says i should be able to have 6 buttons on each menu = 18.

The menu doesnt show on the TV off of a burned DVD with the 9 I have. After extensive testing all works when i convert the thumbnail buttons to text buttons.

Anyone able to use more than 6 buttons over multi menus?

You're right I did upgrade from MyDVD 8 to MyDVD 9, but on another comp I never had any other versions loaded yet the circle with lines appear for some buttons on both comps. Same ones in fact.

Also I was missing some buttons on one computer. I copied the button files over from one comp to the other and had all the buttons on both now. But sames ones with the cicle and line still exist.

Any ideas???

I'm not sure this will work for you but you can try it. It worked for me in both 9 and 9.1. Guru jeanrosenfeld gets the credit for this fix.

Go into C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite\VideoUI 9 and find MyDVD9.exe, right click it and choose 'send to: Desktop Create Shortcut. Right click the shortcut and choose properties and make sure the path is still set to the C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite\VideoUI 9 and choose OK. Open up MyDVD from that shortcut and see if your buttons work. In one case, I had more buttons working but not all and in another case, I had all the buttons working. If it does work, you can replace the MyDVD9.exe with the shortcut one after changing the shortcut name back to MyDVD9.exe.

Let me know if this works.

I'm not sure this will work for you but you can try it. It worked for me in both 9 and 9.1. Guru jeanrosenfeld gets the credit for this fix.

Go into C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite\VideoUI 9 and find MyDVD9.exe, right click it and choose 'send to: Desktop Create Shortcut. Right click the shortcut and choose properties and make sure the path is still set to the C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite\VideoUI 9 and choose OK. Open up MyDVD from that shortcut and see if your buttons work. In one case, I had more buttons working but not all and in another case, I had all the buttons working. If it does work, you can replace the MyDVD9.exe with the shortcut one after changing the shortcut name back to MyDVD9.exe.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks paul I'll give it a try and let you know.

Frank

Edited by FranDiVideo