• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

ISO files not readable elsewhere

johnnyphotonic

Question

I'm a bit stumped here and hope someone can help.

I'm trying to install software on a LINUX server that is being distributed to me in an .iso file, created by Roxio Media Suite 9. I try to open it in Disk Utility and it is not recognized as a valid .iso disk image file. I try to mount it as an image to my LINUX partition (Parallels Desktop 3.0, Fedora Core 5.0) and all I see is an image of an empty CD. So I bought Toast. Now I can see the files on the image(mounted via Toast), and save them to my Mac Desktop.

So I try to burn a CD with the image. I make about six coasters, upgrade to 8.0.1 and finally get a disk that completes verification. On the LINUX machine it is still an empty CD, but I can read it on the Mac. I use Toast to creat an ISO file (Under he data section of the menu) containing the files I want to put on the Linux Machine. The image appears to be empty when mounted on the LINUX machine, and is not recognized by Disk Utility. I burn the ISO image I made to a disk and it's still empty files.

I'm running a MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, 4GB memory, plenty of disk space, up to date OS.

1. Why are Roxio ISO files only readable by Roxio software. These files are not behaving like a standard. (I can mount .iso images from elsewhere under disk utility and the Fedora LINUX OS.

2. How can I burn these files to a CD in an ISO format, with or without roxio software?

I know I'm a newbie, but hey, I'm trying. Thanks for any help someone can offer.

-j

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived