Please Help Me Burn A Dvd With Mydvd Premier, 8

kwechter

Question

I've got a similar problem. Just bought a new Dell Dimension 510. It came with MyDvd preinstalled. I uploaded some video only to learn that I need to pay Roxio $79 if I actually want to edit the video. Fine, so I paid the $. Spent hours editing video, then tried to burn a dvd. The computer took plenty of time "building" the project but then couldn't burn the dvd.

Tried to update the dvd rw driver. No updates. Tried to update the firmware thru Dell's website but wasn't successful. I downloaded what I thought was the correct firmware (only one listed for the only dvd rw offered with my computer), but when I tried to install it, it wouldn't install. Something about couldn't access a file...

The dvd drive is HL-DT-ST DVD +- RW GWA4164B.

Really infuriates me that I buy a new Dell and use the software that comes pre-installed and STILL cannot do what should be a simple task.

I saw the reply suggesting using a different dvd. Haven't tried that yet. Any other suggestions please?

I've asked Roxanne but she sucks. Thanks much.

1 answer to this question

I've got a similar problem. Just bought a new Dell Dimension 510. It came with MyDvd preinstalled. I uploaded some video only to learn that I need to pay Roxio $79 if I actually want to edit the video. Fine, so I paid the $. Spent hours editing video, then tried to burn a dvd. The computer took plenty of time "building" the project but then couldn't burn the dvd.

Tried to update the dvd rw driver. No updates. Tried to update the firmware thru Dell's website but wasn't successful. I downloaded what I thought was the correct firmware (only one listed for the only dvd rw offered with my computer), but when I tried to install it, it wouldn't install. Something about couldn't access a file...

The dvd drive is HL-DT-ST DVD +- RW GWA4164B.

Really infuriates me that I buy a new Dell and use the software that comes pre-installed and STILL cannot do what should be a simple task.

I saw the reply suggesting using a different dvd. Haven't tried that yet. Any other suggestions please?

I've asked Roxanne but she sucks. Thanks much.

It is frustrating but burning is hardly a simple task…

I would use some RW media and see if a Data DVD can be created.

Unless I misunderstood you, the MyDVD that comes with yoru Dell is a Sonic product and it is not related to Roxio MyDVD.

Check Help – About. Roxio's will look like the picture.

If it is Sonic's, then you would need to go to their site.

post-39-1141331764.jpg

Archived