FranDiVideo

What do I have

Question

I have Roxio MyDVD 9 Studio premier. What is this I downloaded from Roxio store? Deluxe? or what? Too many titles in this software it's very confusing. Do I download the 9.1 update and if so which one?

10 answers to this question

I have Roxio MyDVD 9 Studio premier. What is this I downloaded from Roxio store? Deluxe? or what? Too many titles in this software it's very confusing. Do I download the 9.1 update and if so which one?

No need to download either. Neither will work with your software. The update is for the full EMC 9.0 suite, download version or boxed version.

No need to download either. Neither will work with your software. The update is for the full EMC 9.0 suite, download version or boxed version.

But what do I have and why does the update say 9.1 when I have 9?

The update is for the retail version of the Easy Media Creator 9 Suite or Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite. It is not applicable to the software you have which is MyDVD 9 Studio.

Edited by malatekid

The update is for the retail version of the Easy Media Creator 9 Suite or Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite. It is not applicable to the software you have which is MyDVD 9 Studio.

Thanks, Malatekid. I guess that I forgot to use the spoon. :)

Whats the difference I didn't know I was not buying a full version? This is the second time that I bought an upgrade from them only to find I dont have the whole thing. Can anyone tell me what I don't have in my version and can I get the whole thing?

Seems like I have all the resources. I'm playing with videowave right now and already have burned a test disk. Normally I use other software to make movies but am trying this out to see which is better.

Can anyone enlighten me??

Thanks

Frank

There's no need for smartass remarks grandpa. I'm sure i know as much if not more about making video than you do for the last 20 years. Just answer the questions please in full.

If you have to be a wise guy you shouldn't be answering peoples questions. I own almost every movimaking software there is, it's just that this is not the most friendliest.

Thanks for nothing. I think you owe me an apology.

Whats the difference I didn't know I was not buying a full version? This is the second time that I bought an upgrade from them only to find I dont have the whole thing. Can anyone tell me what I don't have in my version and can I get the whole thing?

Here is a comparison of MyDVD 9 Studio and the Easy Media Creator 9 Suite (let me call it EMC9). Note that EMC9 is a suite of various applications which include MyDVD among others.

Your current software is geared towards authoring (creating menus, chapters, burning) and it has limited video editing capability.

Thank you for the info. But and it's a big but I have videowave, cinemagic, slideshow assistant, photosuite, etc. It's doesn't just have MyDVD.

What don't I have?

I will certainly not upgrade to v10 with everything I've been reading about it.

If I knew what was missing and I can use the applications I would try to upgrade to the full version although I thouight that's what I bought.

I already made a test movie and it worked on a burned DVD so i have that feature, although I cant ' seem to get the transitions in my next test. i tried making a .mpg file and the transitions aren't there. this is the craziest software I ever used and i have every video making software there is.

Thanks for any help,

Frank

FranDiVideo

Thank you for the info. But and it's a big but I have videowave, cinemagic, slideshow assistant, photosuite, etc. It's doesn't just have MyDVD.

What don't I have?

I will certainly not upgrade to v10 with everything I've been reading about it.

If I knew what was missing and I can use the applications I would try to upgrade to the full version although I thouight that's what I bought.

I already made a test movie and it worked on a burned DVD so i have that feature, although I cant ' seem to get the transitions in my next test. i tried making a .mpg file and the transitions aren't there. this is the craziest software I ever used and i have every video making software there is.

Thanks for any help,

Frank

FranDiVideo

Based on that comparison table, it appears that your software is missing the Music items. That includes the programs to edit audio/music file, save music file to another format, create music cd/dvd, capture audio, etc. Also, your program might just be limited to burning video files.

Try to contact Roxio (Sales?) to get detailed infomation.

Thats what is missing the audio stuff but I have very professional audio software. The capability of making CDs is part of my software also so it seems the difference is the audio.

Thanks

I wish I could get hold of them.

Support and roxanne will not open on two computers for 2 days keeps saying page is unavailable. What next?

Thanks

Frank