• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

To the fellow that questions my knowledge:

What are you talking about?

Answer what questions?

BREVITY is a cost savings technique like not providing a hardcopy of the manual. It has nothing to do with reliability, usability, and/or user friendly programming.

I'm asking for an error message listing that is programmed into the program when it's developed. What do you think these error messages appear like magic? There is a specific reason for everyone.

What did I do.

In 1964 I worked with and programmed Honeywell Mainframes with patch cords.

In 1974 I owned the first PC by Radio Shack. No Programs to buy had to develop everything using Basica.

In 1984 I worked on the Rolm 1602B used by the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps and used as the prime computers for the Space Shuttle. I not only worked the hardware I wrote the manuals.

Anymore questions???????

QUOTE(FranDiVideo @ Oct 5 2007, 02:58 AM)

What are you talking about?

Answer what questions?

I'm asking for an error message listing that is programmed into the program when it's developed. What do you think these error messages appear like magic? There is a specific reason for everyone.

What did I do?

In 1964 I worked with and programmed Honeywell Mainframes with patch cords.

In 1974 I owned the first PC by Radio Shack. No Programs to buy had to develop everything using Basica.

In 1983 I went to ROLM's computer school in San Jose, CA which was paid for by the US Army and then in 1984 I worked on the Rolm 1602B computers used by the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps and used as the prime computers for the Space Shuttle. I not only worked the hardware I wrote the manuals.

Anymore questions??????? Or would you like copies of all of my certificates, degrees and diplomas?

By the way my friend this forum is filled with people having every kind of possible problem you could have with this software. If you are not experiencing any these problems you must be a genius.

THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RESOLVE EVERYONE'S PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 answers to this question

What are you talking about? Maybe if you posted this reply to "fellow that questions my knowledge" it would make more sense. If you need help, ask for it and the folks here will do their best to try and help you. However, if you can't be specific about your problem or just want to gripe about your problem, you're much more likely to be ignored.

What are you talking about? Maybe if you posted this reply to "fellow that questions my knowledge" it would make more sense. If you need help, ask for it and the folks here will do their best to try and help you. However, if you can't be specific about your problem or just want to gripe about your problem, you're much more likely to be ignored.

For your information I didn't pose a question, I made a statement that I requested an error message list from roxio.

It seems like our buddy (James Hardin) had a problem with that and questioned my knowledge of computer programs.

He talks like he's an expert and therefore, I question his knowledge. Because he stated that he never has a problem even after loading the program 10 times and he claims to have been a beta tester. So I say to him, you must be genius so therefore, he sholud be able to resolve everyone's problems.

Do you understand?

For your information I didn't pose a question, I made a statement that I requested an error message list from roxio.

It seems like our buddy (James Hardin) had a problem with that and questioned my knowledge of computer programs.

He talks like he's an expert and therefore, I question his knowledge. Because he stated that he never has a problem even after loading the program 10 times and he claims to have been a beta tester. So I say to him, you must be genius so therefore, he sholud be able to resolve everyone's problems.

Do you understand?

Well at least I now understand who you were referring to but you certainly didn't make yourself clear in your first post. James can speak for himself but I can only say he is experienced and knowledgeable in using EMC.

As for your request for error code lists---while that makes sense, I doubt it would be helpful. Most of the numbers MS puts out are just geek-speak and double talk. You'd probably do better contacting support directly to get this information.

I looked back at a few of your posts and see a problem with a "No common media type between these pins" message. Is this what you are having problems with? If so, while I am not sure, this appears not to be a Roxio problem but a hardware problem. First, make sure your video drivers are up to date as well as your burner firmware. If you are burning direct to dvd within MyDVD, I suggest you try burning to an image file first.

It might be helpful for you to post your system specs in your signature so that we can see what you're working with.

Posting system specs may be helpful but I use 9 computers. When i have a problem I try on the other comps. When the problem remains it's obvious it's not hardware. A lot of times I reload the program and the problem goes away. I believe that the software has a lot of glitches. If it didn't 90% of the posts here wouldn't exist. As an experienced programmer the error lists would be helpful to me and perhaps I can pass the info what I find on to others.

roxio? They keep ignoring the request. An error message list exists somewhere. They should provide it upon request.

As far as our friend James Hardin, he maybe an experienced emc user but he's certainly no help on this forum when he makes disparaging remarks. This is a help desk forum.

If he wants to be helpful and part of the solutions he should help people instead of standing with roxio. He should be on my side about getting the error messages and causes from roxio. Instead he questions my knowledge and effectively calles me a liar because I say i want the list.

Edited by FranDiVideo

Frank,

You have two ongoing threads for the same subject. The forum administrator will probably merge these two. Here is the other one.

As far as I know, there is no error message listing for EMC.

Edited by malatekid

Posting system specs may be helpful but I use 9 computers. When i have a problem I try on the other comps. When the problem remains it's obvious it's not hardware. A lot of times I reload the program and the problem goes away. I believe that the software has a lot of glitches. If it didn't 90% of the posts here wouldn't exist. As an experienced programmer the error lists would be helpful to me and perhaps I can pass the info what I find on to others.

roxio? They keep ignoring the request. An error message list exists somewhere. They should provide it upon request.

As far as our friend James Hardin, he maybe an experienced emc user but he's certainly no help on this forum when he makes disparaging remarks. This is a help desk forum.

If he wants to be helpful and part of the solutions he should help people instead of standing with roxio. He should be on my side about getting the error messages and causes from roxio. Instead he questions my knowledge and effectively calles me a liar because I say i want the list. Here's my phone no. if he has a problem with me. xxx-xxx-xxxx

This is a help forum so why else would someone come here other them to ask for help with a problem?

Also, I didn't remove your phone number but strongly suggest you edit your message to remove it. If you want James to contact you personally, that's entirely up to him but you'd do best to send your phone number in a private message.

Edited by Beerman

Every programmer uses error messages this helps during debugging.

But in any case what does that have to do with the price of apples. I requested the list from roxio and told the forum I did. Simple as that.

This is a help forum so why else would someone come here other them to ask for help with a problem?

Also, I didn't remove your phone number but strongly suggest you edit your message to remove it. If you want James to contact you personally, that's entirely up to him but you'd do best to send your phone number in a private message.

I agree this is a help forum which is exactly my point.

Why when I post a perfectly good statement that roxio should supply an error list that I should be subjected to abuse by this jame hardin? Then told by him that my credentials are a lie. This guy has a serious problem. we don't need his kind of statements in this forum. If he doesn't like what he reads he shouldn't respond.

Perhaps someone should read his responses to other people they aren't too nice.

And yours are so full of sweetness and light???

And before you start spouting off credentials again, some of us here have lists equally (or more) impressive

Let's agree to disagree please. I'm bowing out of this discussion. If there's something I can help you with, I'll be glad to try.

And yours are so full of sweetness and light???

And before you start spouting off credentials again, some of us here have lists equally (or more) impressive

im not the one who questioned anyone's creditentials your friend did. If you cant be civil go away.

If you cant be civil go away

Perhaps you should act on your own advice. As far as I'm concerned, this discussion is closed

Perhaps you should act on your own advice. As far as I'm concerned, this discussion is closed

I don't remember anyone inviting you to this conversation>