Everydisplaynameistaken

Stuck with Offline Registration?

Question

NOTE: My last thread was improperly closed. Beerman said "Let's keep to one post please. Follow up via your post in the General area." which is really annoying considering I haven't made any other posts on this topic.

Hello... I didn't have this problem the first time I installed EMC10 but I've since had to format and am now reinstalling EMC10 again.

Every time I load a Roxio program, the registration window pops up. It claims its attempting to connect to the Roxio server and then I get a dialog to put in my email address, first and last name, and country. I click next and then the window says that I completed offline registration and gives me instructions on how to submit them the next time I'm online.

Problem is I'm always online with my broadband connection. I've tried turning off Windows Firewall and it makes no difference. I'm on Vista Ultimate 32bit on a wireless connection. Every other app connects to the net just fine.. I have messenger, IE, steam, etc all open and connected just fine. EMC10 doesn't seem to want to connect to the registration servers

Can anyone help me with a solution? (i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well)

Thanks

Edited by Everydisplaynameistaken

19 answers to this question

NOTE: My last thread was improperly closed. It said something about my previous post in the general area. I have no such post!

Hello... I didn't have this problem the first time I installed EMC10 but I've since had to format and am now reinstalling EMC10 again.

Every time I load a Roxio program, the registration window pops up. It claims its attempting to connect to the Roxio server and then I get a dialog to put in my email address, first and last name, and country. I click next and then the window says that I completed offline registration and gives me instructions on how to submit them the next time I'm online.

Problem is I'm always online with my broadband connection. I've tried turning off Windows Firewall and it makes no difference. I'm on Vista Ultimate 32bit on a wireless connection. Every other app connects to the net just fine.. I have messenger, IE, steam, etc all open and connected just fine. EMC10 doesn't seem to want to connect to the registration servers

Can anyone help me with a solution? (i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well)

Thanks

Sorry, that would have been me! I swear I saw a second post by you stating the same thing but looking back, I was wrong or someone else deleted it. My apologies to you for shutting you donw.

It could be a dozen and one things (failure in registration) - from a badly lagged backbone to the server being down

I wouldn't worry about it too much - it will probably register at some stage (don't confuse registration with activation btw)

It could be a dozen and one things (failure in registration) - from a badly lagged backbone to the server being down

I wouldn't worry about it too much - it will probably register at some stage (don't confuse registration with activation btw)

I guess that would be possible that the server its trying to connect to is down huh? I guess I can put up with it for the time being..its just really annoying because the registration window comes up every time I launch an EMC10 component.

Its definately not an activation screen... says nothing of that.

Assuming this doesn't correct itself by the end of the day, would you have any suggestions on anything I could try to fix this?

Like I mentioned in the first post, I was able to go thru this registration window and get the activation one after that the first time I installed prior to my PC format. My product key shows up on "My Account" on Roxio.com but ...yea, issue remains.

Thanks for any help

issue still there... the registration window still can't connect to the roxio servers

I just thought of something else though... I don't think I've ever seen an activation window? Does this only appear after registration successfully occurs? Or does it just happen automatically hidden in the background without any type of user intervention ?

Unlike 9 activation is automatic - you may see a flicker if you don't blink ;)

But try here, go to the bottom and click 'register new product' and then fill in the CD key and see if that helps

Unlike 9 activation is automatic - you may see a flicker if you don't blink ;)

But try here, go to the bottom and click 'register new product' and then fill in the CD key and see if that helps

hi gi thx for your reply. my key is on that page from the first time i successfully installed and registered before i formatted. i'm glad its there but emc 10 is still nagging me constantly for registration

Actually there's a line on that page once you log in (scroll down just past the reg keys) and it will say "Register a new product" - click that and it will ask for the CD key etc

here's the flow of what I see every time I launch a program... I managed to quickly grab the error dialog too

step 1

53050805to4.jpg

then I get this screen for a split second

74658859je5.jpg

step 2

76664809vc6.jpg

step 3

92401081zz3.jpg

just to reiterate quickly... my internet connection is working fine. even the "Easy Media Creator 10 Suite" app connects and displays the web content just fine

That looks like Vista - turn off the protection on IE7 - that could be what's blocking it (I find that OS is totally paranoid about what you can and can't do on the internet :lol: )

Thanks for the suggestion!! But I'm still on XP Pro, but I suppose that doesn'y make any difference regarding IE7 should be the cause ... But what kind of protection do you mean in IE7?

IE7 has an 'anti-phishing' filter and a few other bits and bobs - as IE sets the security level for surfing, it's possible something there is blocking the information (like a firewall)

I only have IE7 on my Vista partition and I found I had to totally disable the 'security' settings to even get to some sites online - IE6 and Firefox on the XP 32 and XP 64 bit partitions work fine (the other partition is Linux and uses Konqueror and Firefox but no Roxio apps on that one)

Edited by gi7omy

this worked successfully on Vista the 1st time I installed EMC10 without having to disable anything. most concerns over Vista is just FUD. if it helps though, I tried temporarily disabling Protected Mode, phishing filter, etc. No luck.

with emc10 being vista certified, i'd expect it to work 100% on vista anyway. :)

Edited by Everydisplaynameistaken

No FUD on IE7 - believe me, I couldn't get to a lot of sites with the security settings on Vista - in the end I turned them all off. I like a computer that does what I want it to without trying to decide for me