Videowave 8 - Another Bug

michaeldpearson

Question

I have "upgraded" EMC8 to EMC8.05 (Version 801B16A ENU to 805B56B)

I now have another new bug in VideoWave 8 :

On selecting "Add Colour Panel" from the Production Menu I get the error message "VideoWave 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close - sorry.... " I them have to reset my machine to get out of the jam.

If however, I right click on a photo or video in one of the panels in Production Editor - Storyline, and select "Insert a Colour Panel" this seems to work OK.

This problem did not occur before I "upgraded".

Does anyone have more info or any knowledge that this is a known issue or....... is this yet another bug we paid for and have to put up with ?

Thank you. Michael.

4 answers to this question

Load Videowave or MyDVD. Click on the TOOLS menu and select OPTIONS. At the top of dialog box, is the graphics test. These programs can now take advantage of more powerful video cards by off-loading some rendering to the cards' GPU. If it defaults to software, the 3D transitions and effects will not be available.

Thanks Gary for your helpful explanation. The default is "hardware" and running the graphics test seemed to perforn ok.

Looking at the other posts you have made, it may be your video card and/or driver. Have you run the graphics test? If it defaults to 'software', problems like this can occur if you force it to 'hardware'.

Thanks for your reply - could you please explain a little more about the "graphics test".

Thank you. Michael.

Load Videowave or MyDVD. Click on the TOOLS menu and select OPTIONS. At the top of dialog box, is the graphics test. These programs can now take advantage of more powerful video cards by off-loading some rendering to the cards' GPU. If it defaults to software, the 3D transitions and effects will not be available.

Archived