Sign in to follow this  
MattyV

Roxio Creator Has Stopped Working

Question

Hi.

My problem is that I cant even open the program... I have Roxio Creator Home 9.0. When I click to start the program I get the error message above. It then says windows will notify me if any solutions become available.

Roxio has been working fine for a couple of months since i bought this new computer, until the start of the week when I got this error. I don't know why it came up, i haven't modified any of the settings in the program or anything, so I'm completely stumped at what to do.

Btw, I am running windows Vista Home ed, and meet all the system reqs for the program to work, like I said, it was working fine until a bout a week ago.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide me with,

Matt

9 answers to this question

Hi.

My problem is that I cant even open the program... I have Roxio Creator Home 9.0. When I click to start the program I get the error message above. It then says windows will notify me if any solutions become available.

Roxio has been working fine for a couple of months since i bought this new computer, until the start of the week when I got this error. I don't know why it came up, i haven't modified any of the settings in the program or anything, so I'm completely stumped at what to do.

Btw, I am running windows Vista Home ed, and meet all the system reqs for the program to work, like I said, it was working fine until a bout a week ago.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide me with,

Matt

Have you had any Vista updates invade your computer this past week? What was the error message?

There haven't been any updates that I know of. But my whole family uses the computer, so I don't know 100%.

All that happens when I try to launch it is this error message...

"Roxio Creator Has Stopped Working. Windows is searching for a solution to this problem"

Then after it searches, which takes only 5-10 seconds tops, it says

"Roxio Creator has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Edited by MattyV

There haven't been any updates that I know of. But my whole family uses the computer, so I don't know 100%.

All that happens when I try to launch it is this error message...

"Roxio Creator Has Stopped Working. Windows is searching for a solution to this problem"

Then after it searches, which takes only 5-10 seconds tops, it says

"Roxio Creator has stopped working. A problem caused the problem to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

You need to do a clean install. Also ask the others in your family if they downloaded or installed anything in the past week. There may be something that is conflicting with EMC 10.

Clean install instructions:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000127CR

OK, thanks for that. I'll try the clean install first since there is nobody else home atm, and I'll get back to ya if I still can't get it going.

Matt

OK, thanks for that. I'll try the clean install first since there is nobody else home atm, and I'll get back to ya if I still can't get it going.

Matt

Good luck, Matt. It is a pain doing the clean install.

I had the same problem a couope weeks ago. Did a complete uninstall and then reinstalled Easy Media 9. This cured the problem for awhile, but now it is back again. Something is causing this.

bigpaul

Found out my particular problem was problem caused by my Norton antivirus protection. Contacted Roxio support. Was emailed a repair patch. After I downloaded the file and typed in my CD code, received an error 13 code. But to my amazement, when I tried Creator 9 after that it worked just fine.

Found out my particular problem was problem caused by my Norton antivirus protection. Contacted Roxio support. Was emailed a repair patch. After I downloaded the file and typed in my CD code, received an error 13 code. But to my amazement, when I tried Creator 9 after that it worked just fine.

MyDVD9 is locking up almost immediately after starting the program. I've had occasional lock-ups in the past, but not this frequent or immediate. I too have been using Norton AV all along (over a year). I suspect that a recent Norton AV update may be the cause, because you mentioned that was your problem. How do I get this patch? Is it available on the site? Is this new problem with Norton AV mentioned in another posting?

To expound further, I have found the posts on Norton AV and don't believe that is the source of my current problem. I use Norton Internet Security which does not have a "One Button Cleanup" feature, which is known to delete Roxio registry entries.

MyDVD9 always freezes after I save my project. As soon as the .dmsd file finishes saving and the program returns to the main window, everything is non-responsive. My only choice at the point is to end MyDVD9(really, Videowave9.exe) using Windows Task Manager. When I restart MyDVD9 (from the Roxio Creator 9 Home or directly from the Start-up Menu), I can open the saved project (.dmsd), but MyDVD9 immediately freezes after the project loads. I am dead in the water now.

As I said in my previous post, MyDVD9 had been working before. I don't know what may have changed, other than occasional Windows XP updates and Norton AV updates. Other applications still run fine. Only MyDVD9 is locking up.