• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Having problems with updates

porthome

Question

I have two simple questions which 'Roxanne' cannot answer. Any attempt to 'escalate' gets me a 404 page. There are no other options that don't lead back to this useless robot.

My questions: 1. Updater keeps telling me I have updates, but then indicates there aren't any. How do I get it to stop?

2. There may in fact be updates, as indicated in the updates webpage. But when I click through, all I ever find is an offer to upGRADE. (I am using version Easy Media Creator 7.5)

Roxio has designed the most completely user-proof support firewall I have ever seen! :)

Perry B

14 answers to this question

You are correct in saying that the "UPDATE" for EMC ver. 7.5 shown on the update screen states that the update is for the "retail" program only. I just can't believe that if you down loaded your program from Roxio that they wouldn't have an update for the down loaded version also. I think this would be an excellent post for "PATATROX" to read and give an answer to, for those others like you that need that update and have down loaded their 7.5 program.

I have never used the opportunity to use the Roxio "Live Chat", or Roxanne either, but have on two occasions called their support by phone and was successful in talking to one of their representatives. I would think that their Customer Service rep's should have an answer for this delima.

Good luck and please post back if and when you find a way to get your update for the down loaded version.

Frank......

I have two simple questions which 'Roxanne' cannot answer. Any attempt to 'escalate' gets me a 404 page. There are no other options that don't lead back to this useless robot.

My questions: 1. Updater keeps telling me I have updates, but then indicates there aren't any. How do I get it to stop?

2. There may in fact be updates, as indicated in the updates webpage. But when I click through, all I ever find is an offer to upGRADE. (I am using version Easy Media Creator 7.5)

Roxio has designed the most completely user-proof support firewall I have ever seen! :)

Perry B

I too have been frustrated by the Roxanne process

BUT

if you fish around, you may find what I found last night:

Live Chat. (typing back and forth with a person?)

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/contact/phonesupport.jhtml

Now that it is "business hours," I'm going to give it a shot.

Perry B

Try downloading and installing the 7.5 update manually. As far as I know, there is only one update for 7.5 and it can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/emc/softwa...pdatesv75.jhtml

In the future, you may get more of a response by posting questions such as this in the 7.5 forums rather than this general chat area. This area is mostly for non-Roxio related discussion.

You are correct in saying that the "UPDATE" for EMC ver. 7.5 shown on the update screen states that the update is for the "retail" program only. I just can't believe that if you down loaded your program from Roxio that they wouldn't have an update for the down loaded version also. I think this would be an excellent post for "PATATROX" to read and give an answer to, for those others like you that need that update and have down loaded their 7.5 program.

I have never used the opportunity to use the Roxio "Live Chat", or Roxanne either, but have on two occasions called their support by phone and was successful in talking to one of their representatives. I would think that their Customer Service rep's should have an answer for this delima.

Good luck and please post back if and when you find a way to get your update for the down loaded version.

Frank......

I do not have the downloaded version, but if memory serves me correctly, there was not an update patch available for the download version. I believe to get the update one had to redownload the entire 7.5 package.

As I remember, the update was only an update that had something to do with Lightscribe burners, and then I believe it was only an update to the user manual.

Maybe someone else can confirm that or set me straight. But, redownloading and reinstalling the entire package may be the way to get rid of the update message you are getting, if you think it is worth the time.

According to the information supplied by Roxio for the 7.5 (Retail) update, it had the following help:

1: Documentation in regards to LightScribe support

2: Improved playback compatability on some set-top DVD players

3: Improved handling of Audio files in Windows Media Player format (WMA).

That's about all I could find Merv.

Frank.....

I do not have the downloaded version, but if memory serves me correctly, there was not an update patch available for the download version. I believe to get the update one had to redownload the entire 7.5 package.

As I remember, the update was only an update that had something to do with Lightscribe burners, and then I believe it was only an update to the user manual.

Maybe someone else can confirm that or set me straight. But, redownloading and reinstalling the entire package may be the way to get rid of the update message you are getting, if you think it is worth the time.

No, downloading the entire version again, was for version 7.0, not 7.5. I don't recall if there was an update for the download version of Version 7.5. If it doesn't show up when you try to get it through Roxio Updater, then there is none available.

Up date to my previous reply:

I tried: "Live Chat" (typing back and forth)

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/contact/phonesupport.jhtml

and got "2 requests ahead of you."

After 8 minutes, it turned me off (losing my entire typed trouble report) and then says go see Roxanne et al.

Hmmmmmmmm!

I have not had the need to use the "Live Chat" system, but if it kicks you out at all, not to mention after only 8 minutes, it is the most idiotic form of support that I have ever heard of.

Correct on the version 7.0 Bruce. My guess after thinking about it for a while is that there is only a "Retail" update for 7.5 as those copies were published some time ago (who knows when before the update was available) and would need an update if one was offered. Where as the down loaded version would probably have been updated by Roxio as soon as it was available from the programmers. Again, my suggestion is that if you have the down loaded version from Roxio, it already has the updated material included.

I just recently purchased version 7.5 (Retail version) so I have already down loaded the update and that went all O.K.

Frank........

"Senior Memory" huh Merv ? Well I can certainly relate to that :D If there is something that is older than "senior" then that's how I am :):huh:

Frank........So many time with these types of posts, we never hear back from the original poster. Too bad, as someone else might gain from the whole thing.

Try downloading and installing the 7.5 update manually. As far as I know, there is only one update for 7.5 and it can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/emc/softwa...pdatesv75.jhtml

In the future, you may get more of a response by posting questions such as this in the 7.5 forums rather than this general chat area. This area is mostly for non-Roxio related discussion.

I tried the update download as suggested, but get the message that it is for 'retail' versions only - mine was downloaded. :) Now what?

Archived