• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

monitoring a usb turntable in LP&Tape recording

frutpc

Question

I purchased a Numann TTUSB turntable with a built-in pre-amp and a usb output connector for recording/archiving my vinyl collection.

It appears as a USB Audio Codec , but I can't get it monitoring, even not after having verified my standard audio settings in win xp pro and the right output when I right-click on the speaker icon in LP&Tape recording (LP's en Banden Omzetten' in Dutch). Does anyone know how I should correct this?

2 answers to this question

I purchased a Numann TTUSB turntable with a built-in pre-amp and a usb output connector for recording/archiving my vinyl collection.

It appears as a USB Audio Codec , but I can't get it monitoring, even not after having verified my standard audio settings in win xp pro and the right output when I right-click on the speaker icon in LP&Tape recording (LP's en Banden Omzetten' in Dutch). Does anyone know how I should correct this?

This is not unusual. Check the software that came with your turntable to see if they have a driver to redirect the USB input to the sound cards output. I have a USB audio capture device and the software that came with it includes a utility that will let you listen to what you're recording as you're recording. While you shouldn't have any problem recording from your USB connected turntable, it's definitely nice being able to listen to the music as it's playing.

This is not unusual. Check the software that came with your turntable to see if they have a driver to redirect the USB input to the sound cards output. I have a USB audio capture device and the software that came with it includes a utility that will let you listen to what you're recording as you're recording. While you shouldn't have any problem recording from your USB connected turntable, it's definitely nice being able to listen to the music as it's playing.

Thank you for replying. By the way, I made a mistyping, my question concerns a Numark TTUSB turntable and not Numann :-).

I'll try to adress myself to their support. I suppose there is no objection to refer to the point a view in this forum?

Kind regards!!

Archived