Video out synch with audio

yourgos

Question

Hi All,

I recently discovered that my Audio is out of Synch when I burned my DVD project. It looks fine in the preview, but goes out of synch when I burn the disc.

I applied the hot fix for this and it still didn't work. I tried burning as an image first, still out of synch. Out of desperation, I took the MPEG video and converted in to an AVI format. It became significantly larger (as expected) but is now appears that the video is in synch with the audio. Why...I have no idea.

Has any one else encountered such a problem and how did they correct it?

7 answers to this question

Hi All,

I recently discovered that my Audio is out of Synch when I burned my DVD project. It looks fine in the preview, but goes out of synch when I burn the disc.

I applied the hot fix for this and it still didn't work. I tried burning as an image first, still out of synch. Out of desperation, I took the MPEG video and converted in to an AVI format. It became significantly larger (as expected) but is now appears that the video is in synch with the audio. Why...I have no idea.

Has any one else encountered such a problem and how did they correct it?

There have been lots of posts on this sync problems and there does not seem to be a solution that applies in all cases. Other video programs have also encountered the same issue with no definite solution. Many have found that using avi formatted video seems to give less sync problems. Why ... no one really knows :glare:

I read that thread....seems like a lot of work to get something that corrected that shouldn't happen in the first place.

I agree with you but then I have never had the sync problems (since I always capture to avi in short 10-15 minute segments).

Do a google search on "audio-video sync" to read more on this industry wide problem

One thing that has helped in some cases is to defragment the hard drive before rendering - it seems that if the file is fragmented, there is a problem with audio sync.

Think about it - with a fragmented source, the heads are skipping all round the platters looking for the next segment and strange things do happen

We'll have as many cures as there are for a common cold. :blink:

I have used the Dazzle 90 USB capture device that came with EMC 9 deluxe and have never had an out of sync issue. If I use my internal A/D converter/capture card then I do the 15 minute AVI segments.

Since the OP's thread started with the preview of the video in sync, capture does not seem to be the problem. I'm surprised that the ISO file didn't do it (especially with a defragged disk and all other programs off -- especially the anti-virus and anti-malware.

Archived