• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Indri

Text animation in Videowave (EMC10)

Question

Is it possible to get text to scroll across the bottom of the screen like ticker tape, similar to the way the football results do at the bottom of a tv screen (at least they used to when I used to watch it!)

3 answers to this question

Is it possible to get text to scroll across the bottom of the screen like ticker tape, similar to the way the football results do at the bottom of a tv screen (at least they used to when I used to watch it!)

Working with the Timeline and assuming you have added some text to the video/photo text track, double-click on the text track and the Settings window should open. The right most icon (looks like a red ball) is the one that will allow you to set up text motion including scrolling. You have to play around with durations to get it the way you like it

making the same text continually scroll is somewhat interesting to do. I just tried it myself. definately need to work in timeline view

Open a video, then click "add text effect" on the left. Scroll down and pick News crawl.

Now type in the text you want it to say and then move the text box so that the text is just off the right hand side of the video. press play and get ready to press pause when the text moves off the left side of the screen. Move the little right side orange object marker to mark the end point.

once you've down that, in the text line down at the bottom in the timeline, right click it and select copy. then do the same again and click paste. you should have two of the same text entries of the same length back to back. do this however many times you need to for the length of the video to make the text move from right to left for the duration of the video.

I know I explained this really really bad but I just figured it out myself :)

Hopefully a picture shows what I mean better.. here's what my little experiment ended up looking like in videowave (click to see big version)

scrollingtexthu3.th.jpg

And here's what it ended up looking like.. click to view..

http://video.msn.com/?user=956793753985949702 (just need to click the "example scrolling text" video on the new page)

/edit... I forgot to say.. there might be a better way to do it but this is how I figured it out.

Edited by Everydisplaynameistaken

I've just had a quick go and it looks like it's what I was looking for. Will have a proper crack at it when I get the opportunity. Many thanks. :)

Edited by Indri