Digital Audio

Auto Sequential Ripping with Sony Vaio XL1B3

Question

Will Easy Media Creator 10 support automatic sequential ripping with the Sony Vaio XL1B3? The XL1B3 holds 200 CDs and supports batch ripping in Vista as a standard Vista media-changer device.

You have a function that allows one to rip multiple CDs across multiple drives. All your program would have to do is to tell the Sony to go to the next disc once it finished ripping the current disk.

Your sales department was virtually certain that your software would support sequential auto ripping, while your technical-support department had no clue. Please help me with a definitive answer.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Will Easy Media Creator 10 support automatic sequential ripping with the Sony Vaio XL1B3? The XL1B3 holds 200 CDs and supports batch ripping in Vista as a standard Vista media-changer device.

You have a function that allows one to rip multiple CDs across multiple drives. All your program would have to do is to tell the Sony to go to the next disc once it finished ripping the current disk.

Your sales department was virtually certain that your software would support sequential auto ripping, while your technical-support department had no clue. Please help me with a definitive answer.

Thanks.

This is not Roxio Tech Support. This is a users forum, and the bulk of the people who stop in here are users like you. You can contact them directly by clicking on one of the links, here:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/default.html

Thanks.

The Sony Vaio XL1B3 includes its own software that supports batch ripping to your PCs hard drive. EMC 10 does not directly support media changers (as far as I know).

Once you have ripped your CDs to your hard drive EMC 10 has great media management, format conversion, sound editing options. EMC 10 also allows you to move your media to the widest variety of mobile devices, to burn custom CDs, or to create music DVDs.

Tom

The Sony Vaio XL1B3 includes its own software that supports batch ripping to your PCs hard drive. EMC 10 does not directly support media changers (as far as I know).

Once you have ripped your CDs to your hard drive EMC 10 has great media management, format conversion, sound editing options. EMC 10 also allows you to move your media to the widest variety of mobile devices, to burn custom CDs, or to create music DVDs.

Tom

Unfortunately, Sony's ripping software is less than robust--it simply uses Microsoft's Media Center, which allows limited control over the ripping process. I would like to use a dedicated program such as EMC 10 to rip the CDs. I need to use a program that uses more than the bare error checking of Microsoft's Media Player. In other words, I would like to use some form of secure rip.

When you say that EMC 10 does not directly support media changers as far as you know, could you please verify that? If it doesn't, could Roxio consider adding support as a feature? It would make mass ripping so much easier--no need for swapping all the times--and it should be a fairly easy script: just rotate to the next disc when done and stop when the last disc is ripped.