Sign in to follow this  
ryetronics

Crunch for Windows question

Question

I am a windows user and am looking into some Roxio software.

I basically need to do the following...

Take MOV files and convert them into a format to burn on a DVDr that can play on a DVD player. I am looking for software that does all of this easily (rather than a separate conversion and burning program.) Roxio Crunch seems like it does the conversion part, but does it also offer a DVD burning solution? If not, can someone recommend which program will do all of that?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Popcorn 3 will do what you are wanting. Crunch does not.

It looks like it's Mac only (thought I'm not sure what the Universal icon means). Is there a PC compatible option?

Any of the Roxio programs from Version 6.2 (the Platinum Version of Easy CD & DVD Creator, recently re-released as "Red Box" Version 6, the one without the 'Vista Compatible' sticker) will do it, provide Quicktime is installed on the computer.

I'd suggest, since V.6 was unlike anything before or since, you get anything from EMC 7 on up - EMC 7 (by Roxio), EMC 7.5 (after Sonic bought Roxio and merged in some Sonic programs), EMC 8 (not recommended), EMC 9, or EMC 10. For the last two, be careful your computer vastly exceeds the minimum requirements. If you have Vista, then it would be EMC 9.1 (which can be obtained as an update of EMC 9) or EMC 10.

Easy CD & DVD Burning ("Red Box"), the one WITH the 'Vista Compatible' sticker, is a cut-down Version of EMC 9.

EMC 7 and 7.5 can be found on eBay or similar, as can the more recent Versions. Or you can buy EMC 10 directly from Roxio.

Lynn

Additional info I just got:

The "Red Box", Vista Certified, is mostly V9 but lacks VideoWave. VW would be need to "convert" to another format but MyDVD would be able to add MOV files and burn a DVD Movie with them.

It's cheap, and can be found in (no pun intended) "big box" stores, but might not be what you end up wanting.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109