• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Importing "just" Vob Files Without Ifo Files?

rbliss94

Question

13 answers to this question

Renaming the extension to .MPG did not work for you?

It's like it states above...some of the time it works...sometimes it doesn't....but I'm wondering why "certain" vob files (when their extensions are changed to .mpg) still aren't able to be edited.

Did you have to rename the extension to .mpg? Or did you keep it as .vob?

This wasn't actually a supported method in 7, and 8 only officially supports them with the .IFO files.

Depending on the contents of the .VOB, your experience will vary. Renaming the .VOB to .MPG doesn't always work.

No...the vob files I've imported were not on DVD's with encryption (honest).

Take a look at the full name of the files on your hard drive. Make sure they were not renamed to (Your file).mpg.vob or some similar weird scheme. This happend to me once.

This wasn't actually a supported method in 7, and 8 only officially supports them with the .IFO files.

Depending on the contents of the .VOB, your experience will vary. Renaming the .VOB to .MPG doesn't always work.

So...how could I get this to work?

Take a look at the full name of the files on your hard drive. Make sure they were not renamed to (Your file).mpg.vob or some similar weird scheme. This happend to me once.

It just doesn't make sense that "some" vob files can be renamed to .mpg and be edited while some cannot.

By the way....I just uploaded 2 different Vob clips from the SAME unencrypted DVD. One was able to be edited and the other one was not recognized.

There has to be some rhyme or reason for this...

Archived