Progen

Can Music Disc Creator write Artist information now?

Question

I have been using Roxio for about 8 years plus. The earlier versions could write CD Text as Artist - Song title. The later versions seemed to be able to write song titles only.

Has this been sorted out in version 10?

10 answers to this question

I have been using Roxio for about 8 years plus. The earlier versions could write CD Text as Artist - Song title. The later versions seemed to be able to write song titles only.

Has this been sorted out in version 10?

Type in "CD Text" in the Search box, above right. You will get lots of hits, some from today.

Same here. Instead of pointing to other threads, is it possible? I read somewhere that this was an issue with one of the older versions after version 5 or something. All I want is to be able to have my CD Text display Artist - Song title. Possible or not?

Same here. Instead of pointing to other threads, is it possible? I read somewhere that this was an issue with one of the older versions after version 5 or something. All I want is to be able to have my CD Text display Artist - Song title. Possible or not?

I could have sworn that I saw numerous posts on this issue in the past few days. It may be in the EMC 9 forums, but it should work the same in EMC 10.

If I run across them, I will post a link to them.

I just burned a quick audio CD to test it out. Yes, Music Disc Creator appears to write Artist and Title for each track. I just burned an audio CD using 15 tracks of 15 different artists. WMP read the artist's names using the plugin below. I also used another software player - VuPlayer - and it also read artist's name and title.

Oh yeah, here is a plugin for Windwows Media player so it can read CD TEXT.

Edited by ggrussell

Are there any settings I should look out for to ensure that Artist information is saved as well? I can get the song title to be written as part of the CD Text but Artist information doesn't seem to be saved inside. I play my CDs back on my car stereo as well as on DJ CD players, all well capable of reading CD Text.

I didn't do anything special at all. I made sure that all tracks had the proper ID TAGS. That's it and burned. I don't know anyone that has a player that reads CD TEXT so I can't test that out. I used two different software players on my computer and they both read Artist and Title.

This shows WMP with the above plugin. I even used a custom album title 'My Collection2' which also shows correctly above the song titles. The artist shows above the title in upper left over the song title playing.

post-49-1192335077.jpg

post-49-1192335085.jpg

Edited by ggrussell

All my 23,000 + mp3s have proper ID3 tags. I use Tagscanner for that. Funny thing is that I don't recall requiring any plugin(s) last time during the older versions of Roxio. The Artist and Songtitles were saved automatically when you select CD Text to be saved. Now it seems like it only saves songtitles by default and I don't see anywhere to choose artist information too.

One thing I learned today burning an audio cd.

First i burned one audio album files using the Audio CD for Car or Home CD Player component even though the track names was present and displayed during burning I ended up with just Track 1, Track2, etc on the burned CD if browsed. Why ? I don't know.

Edited by Ripperfreak